Don’t have room to store all the frozen foods you eat, and that is causing you time and waste to worry? In this case, it may be wise to equip yourself with an additional best upright freezer consumer reports. You will then be able to better manage your provisions.
However, the choice of these devices cannot be made lightly. Indeed, they still represent a small investment. Better not be wrong.
There are many parameters to take into account: your available space, the capacity you need, etc. It can quickly become tedious.
Top 3 Best Upright Freezer Reviews
- Koolatron KTUF88 Best Upright Freezer
- Danby White Upright Freezer
- CALIFORNIA – HD 100 Chest Freezers
#3 Koolatron KTUF88 Best Upright Freezer
Do you live alone and are looking for a mini upright freezer for your kitchen? Or do you need a bar freezer for your office? And you are wondering, where to buy a new upright freezer? No fear, because we bring you Koolatron Ktuf88.
This model has a storage capacity of 3.1 Cu³. This is a small upright freezer. It is only 83.6cm high for 53.3cm and 50.2cm in width and depth. It will easily find its place in a small kitchen, a motorhome, an office, or a hotel room.
It is characterized by its compressor using r600 a CFC-free refrigerant. It is equipped with a mechanical temperature control thermostat. It has 3 floors and storage baskets for your drinks, meats, vegetables, and fruits.
- Weighing only about 25kg and standing only 83.6cm tall, this freezer is easy to set up. It takes up little square footage and is easy to move. Its small stature makes it perfect for a small apartment or a cramped room
- You will have no difficulty in starting this freezer and especially in regulating the temperature
- In terms of size, we have everything to gain with its small size. However, this implies that we cannot store large-volume foodstuffs such as frozen pizza there
- 3.1 cu ft (88 L) Capacity: Compact freezer with 3.1 cubic foot (88 liter) capacity provides extra storage space for your frozen goods so you can reduce food waste and save money
- Space-Saving Flat-Back Design: Convenient upright freezer features a smooth back, recessed handle, and a reversible door that can be installed left or right to suit your needs
- 3 Basket-Style Shelves: Easily organize your contents for maximum efficiency and accessibility with three pull-out baskets made of corrosion-resistant vinyl-coated wire
- Frost-Free Cooling: Reliable, efficient compressor technology with enclosed evaporator coils maintains your freezer’s temperature between 0 and -24C (32 and -11.2F) and minimizes frost build-up
- External Temperature Control: A simple dial control on the back of the freezer lets you easily adjust the thermostat without opening the door and letting the cold air out
#2 Danby White Upright Freezer
Referring to the brand is a good way to choose an upright freezer. That said, many of the manufacturers offer models that are equally capable.
If you are looking for a Danby upright freezer, this model has some interesting features.
Danby offers a freezing capacity of 167 L. It is a very ecological model that uses r600 as a refrigerant. Energy Star certified it is energy efficient.
One of the elements that set it apart: its reversible door hinge for the left or right opening.
It is equipped with a high-quality mechanical thermostat. Its interior is subdivided into 5 quick freezing stages and 2 translucent plastic storage bins for extreme freezing.
This device has a static cooling system therefore with frost. Which upright freezer to choose? Think about this one.
- Through its 5 shelves and 2 storage bins, your food and drinks will be frozen in two steps
- This appliance is Energy Star qualified. For good reason, it consumes little electricity and does not risk increasing your bill overnight. How to buy a better value-for-money upright freezer? Go for this one
- Small in size, this freezer offers only 167 L of storage volume. This is perfect for extra storage and for couples. However, it cannot meet the needs of a large family
- Height 0; Operating System; Batteries Included; Batteries Required; Number of Batteries; Battery Type; Language; Assembly Required
- Width 0
- Depth 0
- Weight 0
- Color White
#1 CALIFORNIA – HD 100 Chest Freezers
This product has been recommended by several customers after trying it. This small freezer with a dimension of H 84cm W 55cm D 57cm from the California brand is a perfect choice for the maximum use of two people.
Not very heavy, it weighs 29 kg. It is a chest-type freezer, compact, and easy to put down given its weight.
Its energy class A + is a very positive point compared to its other technical characteristics. It has a net volume of 100L and its annual energy consumption is 233 kWh / year.
During an electrical shutdown, the freezing system remains active for a period of 29 hours. Its climatic class is N-ST which varies between +16 to 38 ° C.
It has a daily freezing power of 5kg. It does not have an automatic defrost system which implies a periodic manual defrost in order to keep your machine for a good length of time.
As for the noise level of this freezer, it incorporates market standards with a level of 42 dB. The trunk temperature is regulated manually. It has an integrated handle and adjustable feet to facilitate the movement of the machine.
- That in the event of a power cut, the temperature of frozen products gradually increases. In modern appliances, they usually remain frozen for another 24 hours or so (provided the freezer door is left closed).
- This model has an autonomy of 29 hours.
- You can set the temperature manually.
- Quite expensive
- 3.5 cu ft (99 L) Capacity: Space-saving flat-back deep freeze with a narrow footprint and 3.5 cubic foot (99 liter) capacity offers plenty of storage for your frozen goods so you can reduce food waste and save money
- Energy-Efficient Manual Defrost: Manual defrost freezers use up to 40 percent less energy and keep food fresh longer; Front-access defrost drain allows for hassle-free draining when defrosting or cleaning
- Removable Storage Basket: Organize your contents and keep small and commonly used items easily accessible with a hanging wire basket made of corrosion-resistant vinyl-coated wire
- Convenient Stay-Open Lid: Freezer lid opens easily with one hand and stays open for as long as you need; rear-mounted hinges prevent the lid from hitting the wall and ensure a tight seal when closed
- Reliable Compressor Cooling: Dependable, efficient compressor technology, external thermostat control dial, and strong magnetic lid seal maintain your freezer's temperature between 0 and -24C (32 and -11.2F)
Buying Guide For Best Upright Freezer Consumer Reports
Do you want to choose an upright freezer, but you are a little confused by the content of the technical datasheets?
Unfortunately, not everything is always presented as clearly as it would be desirable! Here are the criteria you need to be aware of.
Upright freezers represent a long-term investment. The prices may seem quite high at first, but when you look at them by year of service, they are often reasonable.
- For a small capacity and relatively compact model, count a minimum of $ 450-460.
- The best quality/price and capacity/price ratios are around $ 600-800.
- As for the high-end and high-capacity models, they can easily exceed $ 1,000.
Usually, between about 8 ft 3 and 21 ft 3, it is one of the main factors influencing the price. The choice here depends exclusively on your requirements and needs. Just keep in mind that a high capacity also comes with a larger footprint.
Usually, an upright freezer is made to stay out of place. Weight is therefore a secondary criterion. However, take this into account.
Because unless you have asked the manufacturer to do the installation, you are going to have to do the installation. Better to know in advance if help will be needed.
As for dimensions, as always, measure your interior before buying! You must be sure that the device will not be too intrusive to you. Some models have a reversible door hinge, which can make placement much easier.
Buying an Energy Star-certified appliance is a good idea if you want to reduce your bills.
o avoid waste, we recommend that you opt for a refrigerator with an alarm, which can warn you in the following two situations: when the internal temperature is too high, and when the door has been left open.
We did our best to offer you a comparison allowing you to choose the best upright freezer possible. If we missed any information or new models, please feel free to leave a comment below or send us a message.
1: Is the device static or ventilated cold?
This is indicated in the model description. Entry-level freezers are generally static cold. If you are looking for a ventilated cold freezer or No Frost.
We invite you to consult our online comparison of the best devices on the market, developed with the help of consumer testers.
2: Do freezers have an ice cube tray?
Not always. However, you can buy bins in the store. Store them in the drop-down compartments.
3: Can the ice cube tray be removed to save space?
Yes, of course, but if the freezer is large and well compartmentalized, it is often unnecessary.
4: Can a freezer be stored in a garage or in a room at a temperature below 10 ° C?
An SN-T climate class freezer operates at temperatures down to -10 ° C. Below, it can toil or use more energy. For best use, place it in a warm place.