Rowing, again and again: if this meaningful image will undoubtedly make you smile, it is because you have undoubtedly passed the pros of the gym if you were beginner, well-installed on their machine, their backs straight, dripping with sweat.
If at first glance, it doesn’t make you want to do it, it’s still one of the best exercises to strengthen your muscles and work the whole body.
Best rowing machine reviews consumer reports
The best rowing machine can help you to stay healthy. I have reviewed the best rowing machines for my consumers you can check them below.
- ShareVgo Folding Magnetic Rowing Machine
- MaxKare Magnetic Rowing Machine
- Sunny Health & Fitness Rowing Machine
- ECHANFIT Magnetic Rower Rowing Machine
- Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine
- XTERRA Fitness Folding Magnetic Resistance Rower
- SereneLife Rowing Machine
#7 ShareVgo Folding Magnetic Rowing Machine
The ShareVgo SRM1000 is a premium quality rowing machine at an affordable and reasonable price. It has a sturdy steel frame with a fairly comfortable sliding rail and seat. It can accommodate users up to 300 lbs. It features side panels that are used to cover the magnetic mechanism and footrests of the machine.
The seat top is made of high-density foam that combines a ribbed and contoured surface to promote stability and comfort. The base of the seat is made using steel that ensures its durability. It has 3 wheelsets with sealed ball bearings, promising perfect comfort and smooth motion.
This rowing machine has 8 levels of full-magnetic resistance with the noise-free operation. It also features a performance monitor and Bluetooth connection setup, so that you can also monitor your performance via the ShareVgo Fitness App.
- Solid and durable construction
- Foldable frame
- Contoured seat for improved comfort
- Full-magnetic resistance function
- Bluetooth setup
- Performance monitor
- Easy assembly
- Noise-free operation
- The meter display has no backlight
- Not facilitated with pulse read function
#6 MaxKare Magnetic Rowing Machine
The MaxKare Magnetic Rowing Machine comes with 16 levels of resistance, making it an ideal rowing machine for the whole family. It is constructed with a durable frame of steel tubing and ABS parts, having a corrosion-resistant paint finish. It has a padded seat with 2″ of foam padding on top for improved positioning.
This rowing machine also features a fitness meter with an LCD display to track time, count, strokes, and calories. The rowing machine is ready for a workout with very little assembly and it doesn’t require any tough maintenance.
- Long-lasting construction
- Foldable design
- Easy assembly
- Easy maintenance
- SPM meter
- Bottle holder
- No backlight is integrated on the fitness meter
- Doesn’t have a pulse reading function
#5 Sunny Health & Fitness Rowing Machine
The Sunny SF-RW5801 has an all-steel sturdy frame with a reliable seat and rail assembly that can easily accommodate individuals up to 285 lbs. It is combined with a full-magnetic resistance system and doesn’t contain water-resistant and air-resistant elements.
No power source is required for the magnetic system to work because it is mechanical and manually adjusted. It has 16 levels of tension for an extremely good and outstanding workout without any maintenance. It is equipped with ergonomic foot pedals that help you engage your quads while you propel your legs back and forth.
This is an easily foldable rowing machine and also contains an SPM monitor that displays your all fitness stats including Calories, time, count, and total count.
- Foldable Design
- Solid and durable frame
- Quiet magnetic system
- SPM monitor
- Easy maintenance
- Pivoting foot pedals with straps
- The meter display has no backlight
- Not facilitated with pulse reading function
#4 ECHANFIT Magnetic Rower Rowing Machine
The ECHANFIT Magnetic Rower Rowing Machine is the perfect fitness equipment for home use. Its frame is made of solid steel with long-lasting powder-coated paint. The wide and steady seat rail is also made using steel to make your movement easy and smooth. This machine is suitable for persons up to 265 lb.
This rowing machine includes 16 levels of silent magnetic resistance so that you can be amazed at your extremely good fitness experience by just turning the tension control button. It has an LCD screen to track energy output. The machine is easy to store.
Also, for your comfort grip on the machine, it features row handles with polypropylene fiber. Its amazing features promise to help you enjoy a smooth and easy fitness experience.
- Solid and durable frame
- Padded seat for comfort
- LCD screen for energy output
- Easy assembly
- Easy to store
- Easy maintenance
- The front base has transport wheels
- Adjustable stabilizers
- The console has no backlight
- Pulse reading function is not available
#3 Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine
As we have just mentioned, buying a rowing machine is not done lightly. Even if you want to equip yourself with a high-end product, you might as well opt for the Model D from Concept2, with which performance and results are guaranteed.
Its relatively high price certainly makes it a significant purchase, but customer feedback is unanimous: the product is of high quality. Find out in more detail before purchasing a rowing machine.
It is quite simply the best-selling rower in the world, for one simple reason: its robustness and reliability. A true benchmark for indoor sport.
The product impresses with its size, dimensions, capacity in terms of maximum load, which is ideal for great sportsmen.
Whether it is for efficient fitness or mass gain, the Concept2 D rower is recommended for all uses.
On the other hand, its relatively high price will be able to slow down more than once, even the great enthusiasts of rowing. Check the features to see if this rower is right for you.
- Multifunction LCD display with USB socket
- 8 resistance levels
- Kiomap, Smart TV, and Bluetooth compatibility
- A professional and practical device
- A device at the service of performance with many features
- Get back into shape, lose weight or gain mass: the device is made for all uses, including intensive
- A price that remains high, despite the high-end level
#2 XTERRA Fitness Folding Magnetic Resistance Rower
Paddling is a standout amongst other full-body exercises around. The ceaseless paddling movement requires your whole body, so it supports your pulse, muscle commitment, and calorie consumption! Paddling is sans sway and the power is totally client-controlled.
The XTERRA ERG200 Rower uses a double aluminum track rail framework, straightforward dial strain determination with 8 levels, and an effectively movable comfort edge.
The enormous formed seat, cushioned draw handle, and rotating foot pedals with wide Velcro ties join for a smooth and agreeable exercise for clients of all wellness levels.
Besides, you can overlay it up for capacity or simple vehicles. Begin causing a ripple effect with your exercises today on the XTERRA ERG200 Rower and surpass your desires.
- Large adjustable LCD screen with multiple display functions
- Oversized non-slip adjustable pedals with straps
- 8 levels of magnetic voltage resistance
- 6 preset workout programs
- Aluminum seat rail with luxury cast seat
- T-handles made of high-density, wear-resistant textured foam
- Monitor quality is poor
#1 SereneLife Rowing Machine
Make the most of your day-by-day exercise and accomplish your wellness objectives without leaving your home! This foldable, situated paddling machine by SereneLife is ideal for a home rec center and will assist you with getting a full-body exercise and up your cardio levels in a matter of moments.
The peaceful, smooth-coasting form column seat is agreeable to utilize, and the pedal style hassocks help your backstay upheld while turning out to be as well.
Paddling machine practice consolidates the advantages of high-impact and anaerobic exercise and can assist you with pressing more out of your exercise.
Consume calories and get your heart siphoning as you reinforce your center and fabricate muscle. This all-climate exercise is non-weight bearing and ideal for anybody searching for a low-sway alternative.
Change your body on your own schedule. Include the Serene Life foldable attractive paddling machine to your home gym equipment today.
This attractive paddling machine has a computerized LCD show that permits you to handily screen slipped by time, strides, separation, cycles every moment, calories copied, and then some.
Auto power-off expands the life of its 2 AAA batteries, included so you can utilize your rower machine immediately.
- This is dual air and magnetic rowing machine
- You can adjust 8 levels of resistance
- Not much heavy
- Easy to maintain
- Some consumers report that its monitor doesn’t work properly
Buying Guide For Best Rowing Machines Consumer Reports
Once your goals are set, it becomes necessary to compare the models one by one. But it is not easy without having benchmarks.
That’s why we’ve provided you with a list of criteria you should be interested in, along with tips and tricks to help you identify the right value for money.
There are many different price ranges:
- Count a minimum of $ 150-200 for a decent entry-level rower, intended for low-intensity efforts and with a limited lifespan.
- In prices ranging from $ 500 to $ 1000, you have intermediate references, which are usually quite solid, and come with a full dashboard, and suitable for all types of users.
- For $ 1,500 to $ 2,000, you find professional devices without compromise, very durable, and with many options.
Promotions are not frequent, on the other hand, we often see price drops when brands release a new model, so be careful.
Type Of Rower
There are two main types:
- The central pulling rower, where a line is pulled using a lifting beam.
- The Scandinavian rower, where you operate two side handles.
The first is suitable for all users, the second is intended rather for those who are just starting out or whose physical activity is of modest intensity.
The Inertia Wheel
It is generally recommended that its weight is between 6-9 kg or 13-20 lbs. Many manufacturers omit to mention it on the datasheets, so feel free to ask the question if applicable.
Resistance And Braking System
To increase the effort required on the part of the user, rowers can use several systems. There is a huge variety, but the most common are:
- The water brake system, with a water container. The effort required simply depends on the force applied. The sensations are very natural, similar to the actual practice of rowing.
- The magnetic braking system, common on entry-level models, uses magnets and allows voltage adjustment, often in 8 or 10 levels, with a button.
- The hydraulic piston braking system, usual on Scandinavian rowers but makes movements less fluid.
The maximum recommended weight
It is conventionally 136 kg or 300 lb.
On high-end devices, it frequently reaches 227 kg or 500 lbs.
Among the elements of comfort that you can look for are:
- Easy-grip handles or lifting beam.
- A padded seat.
- A good length of the rail, to adjust the device to your height.
All devices are equipped with a monitor, more or less small and pleasant to read, sometimes backlit. They display various information such as:
- The distance traveled.
- The number of strokes per minute.
- The total number of strokes of the oar.
- Exercise time.
- The number of calories burned.
They can sometimes indicate the pulse, provided you have the appropriate accessories available to measure it.
It is also on the screen that you access the pre-recorded training programs. Some also offer you the possibility to create your own programs or to define user profiles.
You have two main types of connectivity on the rowers:
- USB, for example, to save your training results on a stick.
Bluetooth is usually used to connect your device to cell phone tracking or training applications. Some heart rate monitoring belts also use it.
Materials, Solidity, Design, And Guarantees
As a general rule, it is steel, aluminum, and a few plastic components that are used mainly in the composition of rowers. However, there are exceptions, for example, handmade wooden models.
You must pay attention to the robustness of the product. If you go for an entry-level model, the lifespan is 1 to 2 years in the best cases. Mid-size and luxury models can usually last for many years.
It is common for the frame to be warranted longer than the parts:
- 1 year on low-cost models.
- 2 to 5 years on intermediate and luxury models.
Some rowers are designed to be positioned vertically. Others have wheels for easy movement, and some are foldable as well. If you are short on space, these are features to look for.
We hope you enjoyed this guide, and that you have built up a lot of motivation to put in the effort with the rower that’s right for you.
We advise you to take advantage of the web to question other Internet users and athletes on the references they prefer, it is a valuable source of information!