Do you want to prepare good dishes, or would you like to get into baking, and you are in the process of equipping yourself?
The best kitchen scale consumer report goes a long way, but surprisingly, choosing the best kitchen scale is quite difficult. In this consumer report, you will learn what to look for on a kitchen scale.
One of the must-have products that you don’t always think of first is the best kitchen scales. They are the key to respecting the proportions indicated in the recipes.
These devices are ideally easy to use, compact, and above all precise! Given the wide variety of models available today, making a choice can be difficult.
Especially since each machine does not offer the same functions or the same units of measurement.
Are you looking for a scale that everyone can use, that offers the essential features, and that comes at a cheap price best scale?
In this case, you may want to take a look at the AccuWeight, a device that stands out in particular for its intuitive handling and the ease with which it is cleaned.
You will immediately notice that the object is quite sober, with its black color and its tempered glass platform. The latter offers a very big advantage:
cleaning lasts a few seconds. Take a sponge or cloth, run it over the device and the dirt will be removed in an instant.
The machine offers 5 units of measurement. It is very easy to change: you just have to press the Unit button. A tare function is present:
all you have to do is place an empty container on the scale, then press Zero. The weight of the container is then deducted, and you can place your food. Everything is done with these two buttons.
It’s very intuitive, and accessible to everyone. On the other hand, some users feel that the buttons are too sensitive and that they happen to be pressed by accident.
The device is equipped with 4 sensors, which allows it to offer precision to the nearest ounce or gram. It offers a maximum capacity of 5 kg, which corresponds to 11 lbs. It also has an overload indicator. Once your weighing is done, it stops automatically.
Its dimensions are reasonable and it will fit in small spaces. In addition, it has rubber feet so it won’t slip on your counter. It is solid, and by registering it with the manufacturer, you can get 3 years of warranty.
- Zero/Tare function
- Modern slim design
- 4 high-precision sensors
- Auto-shutdown function
- Lightweight and portable
- Low battery indicator
- Overload indicator
- Easy to clean
- Red backlit LCD screen
- Tempered glass platform: a wipe down and the scale is clean
- 2-button operation accessible to everyone, including children
- Tare function for easy weighing in a container
- Battery depletion and overload indicators, automatic shutdown
- Very reasonable average purchase price
- Buttons are a little too sensitive
- Accurate: 4 high precision g force load sensors provide accurate measurements; measure from 5g to 5000g(5kg 11 lbs or 176 oz); easily choose between measurements in pounds/ounces/fl oz(fluid ounce)/ml and grams
- Multifunctional: electric kitchen cooking scale provides low battery and overload indication; zero/tare function; auto shut-off function; 2 aaa batteries (included)
- User-friendly: zero/tare function of the food scale allows you to zero out containers when weighing multiple ingredients; quick unit conversion
- Useful versatility : accuweight digital kitchen scale perfect for your kids to learn about weights measurements and how to follow instructions; fantastic for helping with portion control and losing weight
- Portable design: stain resistant glass platform cleans easily; it's compact, so you can easily store it away when not in use; perfect for home cooking and food portioning
Do you sometimes need to measure small quantities very precisely? In your opinion, cooking and baking should be considered to the nearest decimal place?
Then you might appreciate the Brifit Professional Digital Mini portable scale, which is ideal for controlling the amount of flavor, color, or spice in a recipe.
The device is built so that it can be taken anywhere without any risk. It is thus particularly solid, and the manufacturer also offers a 1-year warranty.
In addition, the buttons and the platform are well protected by the flap. You have a choice between two colors: green or red.
This is a precision scale, which means the capacity is limited. You can weigh up to 20 grams. This product should, therefore, be considered as a tool to control the quantities of spices or flavors, for example. The Brigit Professional Digital Mini displays 3 decimal places.
You have a calibration weight, as well as a tare function to weigh products in a container. The use is rather simple. In addition, the manufacturer had a good idea to place instructions inside the valve: you therefore always have the instructions with you.
The device is secure and easy to clean. If not in use, it stops after 180 seconds. In addition, alerts have been provided in the event of an overload or when it is time to change the batteries. The backlit screen provides good readability.
- High precision and wide range.
- Smart multi-function button.
- Elegant and space-saving design.
- High-quality materials.
- Backlit LCD screen.
- The automatic shutdown time is adjustable.
- Displays 3 decimal places, includes 20-gram calibration weight
- Ultra-portable: light, small, and protected by a valve, tweezers provided
- Alert in case of misplacement, overload, or exhausted batteries
- Stainless steel platform and a backlit screen
- Excellent build quality
- Capacity limited to 20 grams
- ✅【HIGH ACCURACY&PRECISE】Digital pocket kitchen scale built with high precision sensor system, provides you with instant and accurate results 20g. Easy to clean and use, guarantee you an accurate weighing reading.
- ✅【6 DIFFERENT MEASUREMENTS】 The mini food scale includes all the necessary unit measurements for easy weight translations, convert measurement between in g/oz/ozt/dwt/ct/gn in seconds. Convenient for you to choose the proper unit by pressing the mode button.
- ✅【MULITFUNCTION&INTELLIGENT INDICATION】 The cooking scale can alert users for low battery power, overload, and uneven surface placement. Auto-off after 180 seconds of inactivity, which helps to preserve battery power and efficiency.Large LCD backlit display, digital display is larger and easier to read.
- ✅【ACCOMPANIED BY 20G CALIBRATION WEIGHT】 Easy to recalibrate to ensure accurate, It is crafted to be strong, durable, and pocket-size for many of your portable weighing needs, such as food, gemstones, coins, jewelry, gold, etc. What a useful pocket scale!
- ✅【COMPACT DESIGN & BACK-LIT】The clamshell design can better protect the weighing surface. Minimalistic and compact design (Product Dimensions: 3" x 5" x 3/4") make it a portable pocket scale to take everywhere. If you're not completely satisfied with your purchase, please feel free to contact us, we provide 100% Money Back and ONE YEAR Guarantee. Please enjoy this absolutely risk-free purchase right now!
Don’t like frills? Do you want a scale that plays its role, that’s all, and you want to limit your expenses as much as possible? Of the many entry-level models we analyzed, the AmazonBasics EK3211 seemed to us to be the most convincing.
This is arguably one of the easiest to use scales on our list: you have a button for the units and a tare button that doubles as a start switch. You will quickly master the device.
The AmazonBasics has a maximum capacity of 5 kg, that is to say, 11 lbs, which meets the standards of the current market.
She can accompany you to all types of recipes. Three units of measure are available: gram, pound, and ounce. A dedicated sensor allows absolutely correct precision.
The batteries are supplied to you in the box. So that they do not run out too quickly, an automatic shutdown function is provided: if the device remains on 0 or in the same position for 2 minutes and 15 seconds, it switches off by itself.
This machine adopts a round shape with a stainless steel plate and is designed without bisphenol A. It is a little larger than other references, which can be an advantage or a disadvantage.
It’s boring in a small space, but it also allows for the use of larger containers when weighing.
We particularly like the LCD screen: indeed, it is well integrated into the design of the device, and the numbers are displayed with a nice size.
You don’t have to bend down to see the results properly. It is a real gain in comfort if you have some sight problems.
- Large scale.
- Tare button (return to zero after the watch).
- Unit conversion (oz/g/lb/kg).
- Free shipping with Amazon Prime.
- A smooth surface makes cleaning easy.
- Uses 2 AAA batteries (included).
- Fairly large and easy to read LCD screen, easy to use with 2 buttons
- Stainless steel design, Bisphenol-A free
- Tare functionality for weighing food in a container
- Generally a very affordable price
- Bulkier than other models
- Stainless steel digital kitchen scale with widescreen LCD screen
- Weighs up to 11 pounds (about 5000 grams) of food (minimum of 2 grams)
- Advanced sensor technology delivers quick, accurate responses
- Displays results in ounces, grams, pounds
- Tare button subtracts container weight to zero out the scale so you only measure what you want
Do you love salads or assorted fruits? More than a scale dedicated to the kitchen, are you looking for an elegant product that will help you limit the quantities during your snacks?
This is exactly the idea behind the Etekcity. In our opinion, she wins her bet, and the price is usually not too high.
Etekcity has taken care to offer a nice scale, which will be decorative on your counter. Different colors are offered for sale, without price variation.
In addition to the machine itself, a weighing bowl is included with your purchase. It is transparent and can be returned to the device for storage.
It is especially very convenient for preparing snacks while controlling what you consume. You can place a few strawberries, currants, and raspberries in it,
add a little cream cheese and bring the bowl in front of the TV. It is an excellent way, during a slimming diet, to indulge in small pleasures without overdoing it.
The Etekcity is easy to use: a tare button is provided. Five units are available, including milliliters and fluid ounces. You can also choose between two densities for measuring liquids: milk or water.
Some users point out that the units are displayed small, and that you sometimes have to get closer to the screen to be sure of yourself. The device is capable of weighing a maximum of 5 kg or 11 lbs.
The solidity is there. You benefit from a 1-year warranty. In addition, cleaning does not take long, since it suffices to run a slightly wet cloth over the stainless steel platform.
- Equipped with four built-in high-precision cells.
- The increment is 0.05 oz/1 gram when adding ingredients.
- The capacity is 5 kg/11 lbs.
- This scale can easily convert units between oz / lb’oz / fl’oz / g / ml and can help you measure different types of food and ingredients.
- Includes removable bowl, ideal for fruit-based snacks
- Different colors available, successful aesthetic, easy to store
- Stainless steel weighing surface that can be cleaned in a single step
- Choice of liquid density
- Unit of measurement difficult to read
- High-Precision Weight: Etekcity digital food scale equipped with four built-in high-precision load sensors have 0.05oz/1g increments when adding ingredients, capacity 5kg/11lb
- Multi-units Conversion: This scale can easily convert units between oz/lb'oz/fl'oz/g/mL, and can help you measure different type of foods and ingredients
- Tare Function: The tare function allows you to subtract the weight of container, and can help you get the accurate reading for food & ingredients
- User-friendly features: This scale has a backlit LCD display, staying 30 seconds for reading and also with auto-off function, allowing the scale to turn off after 2 minutes to save battery
- Buy with confidence: The food-grade stainless steel platform is totally safe for food. Our CX team based in California Anaheim is at-the-ready to assist you with any questions that might arise about your kitchen scale
Isn’t your sweet tooth really baking? Do you prefer to cook fresh fish, or beautiful pieces of meat, and you would like to have a suitable kitchen scale? Thanks to the hard work done on its durability, the AccuWeight is the go-to option.
With its solid tempered glass surface, this kitchen scale can accommodate a fairly heavy slice of fish or meat, and should easily accommodate the containers you want to weigh.
It has mini sidebars on the platform, which can be used to prevent your container from slipping.
AccuWeight clearly played the quality card. Moreover, the brand offers a 1-year warranty, extendable to 3 if you register the product.
For even more durability, you have a locking button under the underside of the device. This prevents the sensor from being called upon when the machine is switched off.
You have, of course, a tare mode and automatic stop. But that’s not all: the device is able to tell you when you’ve overloaded it.
In addition, it also benefits from a system that alerts you if the batteries are close to depletion. So you are never caught off guard.
Another highlight is the presence of a 3.2-inch backlit LCD display: numbers and units are visible, even without being right next to the machine.
For the rest, performance is in line with what you would expect on kitchen scales today: five units are offered, and you can weigh a maximum of 5kg, which is equivalent to 11 lbs.
On the other hand, the price is a little higher than the competition. Also note that since the platform is slightly raised, cleaning is a little slower.
- Maximum load capacity: 5000 g/11 lbs/176 ounces/5000 ml/176 fluid ounces.
- Grading steps: 1g or 0.1oz accuracy.
- Units of measurement: pounds, ounces, grams, fluid ounces, millilitres.
- Dimensions: Length: 8, Width: 6.5, Height: 1.2.
- Battery: 2 AAA batteries.
- Material: tempered glass, plastic.
- Weight: 1.4 kg.
- Side grab bars on the extra strong tempered glass surface
- Easy to read 3.2 inches blue backlit LCD display
- The scale tells you if there is an overload or if the batteries are weak
- Lock button to improve the durability of the sensor
- Easy to use and rich in functions
- A little more expensive than the competition
- Electronic gram scale equipped with 4 high precision sensors to give you accurate weight all the time; weight capacity from 5g to 5000g ( 11lbs / 5000ml / 176 fl oz); accurate to within 1g/0.1oz
- Our digital meat scale tempered glass platform, is not only safe and hygienic but also easy to clean and store
- User-friendly: zero/tare function of the food scale allows you to zero out containers when weighing multiple ingredients, quick unit conversion
- Units of measurements available: pounds, ounces, grams, milliliters, fluid ounces; digital scale built with 3.2inches large blue backlight lcd display, makes for much easier readability
- Multifunctional: kitchen scale cooking provides low battery and overload indication; auto shut-off function; 2 aaa batteries (included)
OXO 11214800 is one of the latest development products of the OXO series of kitchen appliances. The structure is made of durable stainless steel, which can resist stains and fingerprints, keeping it in good condition. Like many digital kitchen scales, it has a zero tare function to improve accuracy.
The digital display shows the measured value with a large number of digits and makes it easier to read. The display is also available in an expandable version to prevent your readings from being covered by larger containers. It has a unit conversion button, through which you will get the reading of the unit you understand best. Unlike other brands that are too clean, OXO offers you the possibility to design this product with a detachable measurement platform. Therefore, you can easily clean it when necessary.
If you want to buy the best kitchen scale test kitchen in the US, please consider this kitchen scale as your final choice.
- The zero adjustment function can remove the balance before weighing other components.
- Digital display, large numbers, easy to read.
- A detachable platform for easy cleaning.
- Swipe the screen to prevent the shadow of large plates or bowls.
- Removable measuring platform.
- Contains unit conversion button.
- A large number of measured values are displayed.
- Zero tare function can achieve higher accuracy.
- Quite expensive.
- Stainless steel is smudge and fingerprint-resistant
- Zero function for taring the scale before weighing additional ingredients
- Digital screen with large, easy-to-read numbers
- Removable platform for convenient cleaning
- Pull-Out display prevents shadowing from large plates or bowls
Whether you are working on a large-scale kitchen project with a weight between 1 and 5,100 grams, you can use it. The design has an automatic unit button that can instantly convert the reading into 5 different measurement units and display them in easy-to-read numbers.
Someone reported that Ozeri ZK14-S is a digital kitchen test scale in the United States.
Thanks to its precise tare key, the scale ensures that you get accurate results, and this key will automatically subtract the weight of the additional items used. It has a unique magnified weighing platform with a smooth chrome-plated surface, which is easy to clean. There are also two large buttons that can produce an audible click for easy confirmation.
- An accurate, stylish, for your large and small kitchen projects.
- Weighing up to 5100 grams (11.24 lbs), with an accurate scale of 0.05 ounces (1 gram).
- The automatic device key now switches between 5 measurement units (g, lbs, lbs: oz, oz, ml)
- Displays the result LCD screen.
- Precision tare button.
- Elegant design.
- The key to automatic unit conversion.
- Available in different colors.
- Voice confirmation button.
- Less weight, slower speed.
- Accurate, elegant, easy-to-use digital kitchen scale for your largest and smallest cooking projects - weighs up to 11.24 lbs (5100 grams) with precise graduations of 0.05 oz (1 gram).
- Automatic Unit Button instantly converts between 5 units of measurements (g, lbs, lbs:oz, oz, ml) and displays results on an easy-to-read LCD screen - e.g. easily convert 539 grams to 1.188 pounds to 1 pound 3 ounces to 19.01 ounces to 539 ml.
- Precision Tare Button calculates the net weight of your ingredients by automatically subtracting the weight of any bowl or container.
- Features a newly enlarged weighing platform finished in elegant chrome, and 2 large buttons that generate an audible click confirmation. Cleans and stores easily.
This product is very suitable for people who like to make soap and baking, because it has a percentage weighing function that most products do not have. That being said, you still have the four most important measurement units, so you can easily determine how your ingredients should be measured. This version is larger than most of the products we have today, with a capacity of up to 8000 grams.
Its structure shows the combination of a stainless steel weighing platform and a glass-covered display and operating area. This and detachable weighing platform can be easily cleaned even in the event of an overflow.
- Removable/washable stainless steel tray.
- Adjustable backlight LCD display.
- Programmable automatic shutdown.
- Memory used by the last device.
- Stable reading indication.
- Adjustable buzzer settings.
- German HBM sensor.
- Weighing mode: g, lb, oz, lb: oz, kg.
- Includes percentage weighing function.
- The easy-to-read display area, adjustable auto-shutdown to function.
- Larger capacity.
- Quite expensive.
- NEW FUNCTION: Baker's Math/Percentage weighing option
- CAPACITY: Up to 8,000 gram weighing capacity
- PRECISION: Precise readability from 1g to 0.05oz
- PLATFORM: Removable stainless-steel platform
- PRACTICAL: Includes LCD covers protect buttons
CAMRY can be considered as an American test kitchen scale, and you may want to add it to your final decision.
Most scales come with a flat measuring platform, which means that if you need to measure liquids, you need to insert an extra container. But with this kitchen scale, you can directly use the detachable bowl designed for measurement. This bowl is flexible enough to be used for other kitchen needs. After taking it out, you can still use the tablet to measure other normal components.
The bowl is very heavy, so it also has an important precision tare function, which can zero the extra weight it carries. It has a large LCD screen that can project readings in the dim light that is easy to read. The scale capacity ranges from 5 grams to 5 kilograms, with optional units of ounces, pounds, and grams.
- Bowl design-high-quality 2.15 liter removable stainless steel bowl that can be used in the dishwasher.
- CLEAR LCD-Large 2-inch LCD screen.
- The accurate measurement-The scale has a capacity of 11 lb/5 kg, a scale of 0.1 ounce/1 gram, and the unit of measurement is pounds, ounces, and grams. The minimum weight is 5 grams.
- Ideal for liquid ingredients.
- Robust stainless steel construction.
- With alarm clock.
- Removable bowl, flexible, and easy to clean.
- With a manual and automatic shutdown function.
- Fragile glass.
- BOWL DESIGN - 2.15L removable high-quality stainless steel mixing bowl, dishwasher safe; You can also use your own bowl or plate instead.
- CLEAR LCD - Large 2’’ LCD display with white backlight, easy to read in dim light.
- PRECISE MEASUREMENT - Scale capacity 11lb / 5kg, Division 0.1oz / 1g, Measure in units of Pounds, Ounces and Grams. Min weight: 5g.
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL - Multifunctional food scale with alarm timer and room temperature sensor; Precision Tare / Add and Weigh feature instantly zero out the bowl and contents to only measure the new ingredients.
- PROFESSIONAL - Auto off or manual off, Low battery / overload indication; 2 x AAA batteries (included). 30-DAY NO-RISK GUARANTEE plus 2-year warranty.
Finally, I would like to introduce you to another elegant and unique scale from Nice well. It is a multifunctional digital scale that will not limit you to the grocery store. In addition to cooking and baking, this scale also allows you to track your consumption and weight loss, as well as transportation. It has 4 built-in high-precision load sensors that provide fast and accurate results.
The scale itself is relatively small, but surprisingly it can handle loads of up to 10 kg. It is a combination of durable stainless steel and tempered glass, which makes cleaning easy and store. You can easily perform tare calculations using the convenient tare button to obtain accurate results.
- The digital food scale has four built-in high-precision load sensors, which can be fast and accurate measurements with 0.1oz/1g steps when adding ingredients, and the range is 0.1oz to 22lb (2g/3g to 10kg).
- Multifunctional scale 9″x 6.3″ LCD screen
- This digital scale is used for better cooking, baking, consumption tracking, and weight loss transportation.
- Wider measuring range.
- Convenient tare button.
- Multifunctional scale.
- Sensors provide fast and accurate results.
- Fragile tempered glass.
- 【PRECISE WEIGHT】 The digital food scale built-in four high-precision load sensors, quickly and accurately response 0.1oz/1g increments when adding ingredients, its measuring range: 0.1oz to 22 lbs (2g/3g to 10kg).
- 【MULTIFUNCTION LARGE SCALE】 9"x6.3" platform and Large lcd display for easy readout in g, kg, lb: oz, fl.oz and ml. This digital weight scale is for better cooking, baking, tracking intake, weight loss and postage.
- 【PRACTICAL DESIGN】 The food scale is designed with tempered glass for strong bearing, sleek stainless steel top surface for anti-fingerprint and easy clean, with a attached hook for convenient storage.
- 【EASY TARE / ZERO OUT】 Convenient tare button for tare calculation allows you to subtract the weight of plate or container, making it easy to achieve accurate readouts of ingredients.
- 【HASSLE FREE SUPPORT】2 AAA batteries included. You may receive food scale with Nicewell logo or non-logo one, logo will not affect the function of the scale, both are from Nicewell. For any issues, please reach to us, we stand behind our kitchen scales.
Buying Guide For Best Kitchen Scale Consumer Reports
Kitchen scales are devices that can carry more features than you might think at first glance. If you’re not used to it, it can be difficult to tell if a character is a good or bad point. Here’s what you need to know to build a good buying strategy.
A kitchen scale normally doesn’t cost too much to purchase.
Count between $ 15 and $ 30.
More expensive devices are usually characterized by a nice design, improved build quality and additional functions.
There are essential units in a kitchen:
- Fluid ounces.
And others which may be present on the scale, but are generally intended for other uses, particularly jewelry:
And many others.
Converting between different units is easy on all models, and is usually done at the push of a button.
Capacity is usually expressed in grams and pounds, and is the maximum weight you can place on the scale and that it can measure.
- On most machines, it is 5 kg or 11 lbs.
- Some laptop models, it is 3 kg or 6.61 lbs.
Also, note that there are precision balances. They have a very small capacity (for example 20 grams ), but are much more precise, up to 3 decimal places. They make it possible, for example, to weigh spices or dyes.
Pay particular attention to the weighing platform.
She may be :
- Stainless steel or tempered glass, which is better.
Also, take into account the warranty period. Most builders offer 12 months, but some go up to 3 years.
Ease Of Maintenance
On the vast majority of kitchen scales, maintenance is quick. In fact, all you need to do is wet a rag and wipe the platform.
There are however some models where the weighing surface is raised, and where powder or crumbs can possibly slip.
All kitchen scales have a liquid crystal display. But it’s not always designed the same. Ideally, we recommend that you opt for a machine with a fairly large, backlit screen. This is particularly true if you have vision problems.
We have proven that every kitchen scale can weigh items of different sizes and materials with high precision, accuracy and consistency. Fortunately, all the models we tested performed well, so accuracy is not the only factor.
Easy to use:
The best food scales are intuitive and easy to use, right out of the box, without having to fiddle with too many buttons or consult manuals. We also noticed whether each food scale is equipped with a peeling function.
We evaluated products that felt strong and sturdy enough on the counter to withstand daily use.
Size and storage:
Since most chefs don’t want to keep scales on their countertops all the time, we prefer models that have a small footprint, a slim body, and can be easily stored in a cabinet or drawer.
Is it worth using a kitchen scale?
When you try to choose healthier foods and snacks, a weight scale will be very helpful. For nomads like me, this is easy, so they have no spare time at home or washing dishes!
Kitchen scales provide accurate calorie counts, which will help determine nutritional intake over a period of time, as well as serving size recommendations based on various weight loss goals.
What scales do professional bakers use?
If you are a baker, this is the perfect kitchen scale. It has a 17-pound, 6-ounce weighing capacity with large, easy-to-read buttons that can quickly switch between teaspoons or milliliters when making baker’s percentage recipes-no need to guess how many grams per cup!
What is the good kitchen scale test kitchen in the United States?
Based on today’s reading, it is comforting that kitchen scales are generally designed to simplify most of your kitchen needs. Therefore, after investing in a durable and reliable brand, you need to maintain it through proper cleaning and storage, as well as measuring recommended items and sizes.
If you exceed this range, accuracy will decrease, and your scale will fail over time. If you have not selected a product, here are some solutions you can try:
- Baker’s Kitchen Scale: My Weigh Kitchen Scale
- Cheap digital kitchen scale: Ozeri ZK14-S Pronto multifunctional digital kitchen scale
- Multifunctional kitchen scale: CAMRY digital kitchen scale
- The best kitchen and chef’s scale for test kitchens in the United States: OXO 11214800.
- Is the digital kitchen scale accurate?
Digital kitchen scales are not always accurate. If you do not have a balanced manual, you can still estimate the accuracy, which is usually about half the tiniest unit recorded. Therefore, if your scale shows grams, the result should be less than ½ grams (0.005 kg).
Now all you have to do is compare the kitchen scales that caught your eye! If you have the time, feel free to chat with other buyers on the web.
They will be able to give you their feelings about the precision and the ease of use of the models which interest you.