Whether you’re dealing with a summer heatwave, an overzealous radiator, or an over-budget air conditioner, the right floor fan can provide immediate relief in the toughest situations. From the reliability point of view, buying the best floor fan is much more interesting than an air conditioner.
Then let’s look here at the best floor fans!
The equipment is easy to transport and move and is very popular among families. To power it, just plug it into a socket, no refrigerant gas is needed. As for maintenance, you can do anything at home.
From an economic point of view and for the sake of reliability, the purchase of the best floor fan is much more interesting than an air conditioner. So, we reviewed the Best Floor Fans!
Easy to transport and move, this device is a hit with households. To power it, simply plug it into a power outlet, no refrigerant gas is needed. As for maintenance, you can do everything from the house.
#6 Rowenta VU2660 Electronic Table Fan [Best Table Fan Consumer Reports]
Combining performance and user comfort, the Rowenta pedestal fan is equipped with a turbo function ensuring an airflow of 2400 cfm. Thanks to Extreme Silence technology, it will always remain discreet, even in boost mode.
By setting it to the Silent Night position, you can sleep peacefully while enjoying the freshness of the air. Its sound level will not exceed 35 dB.
On the other hand, the airflow will propagate over a sweep angle of 110 °. Well thought out, this fan incorporates a timer with 4 positions namely 1, 2, 4, and 8 h. Coupled with the Silent Night function, this is the perfect combo.
The decrescendo mode ensures a gradual decrease in ventilation. Economically, the airflow will regulate automatically every 15 minutes. As an accessory, Rowenta has thought of remote control. Easy to move, this device has a carrying handle.
- As it is made with quality materials, its design is both modern and attractive. For information, its structure is adjustable in height.
- By activating the boost mode, you will get a much more important and refreshing airflow.
- Despite its performance, the VU2660 remains a very quiet model even at night. At low speed, its noise level is evaluated at 35 dB.
- Given the size of the remote control, it takes time to get used to it.
- ULTRA-QUIET PERFORMANCE - 35db(a) whisper-quiet operation offers ultimate silence at each speed; ideal for home or office
- ELECTRONIC CONTROLS - User-friendly control panel with 5 speed settings, including Turbo Boost for extra power and Silent Night mode for especially soundless operation
- POWERFUL OSCILLATING AIRFLOW - Delivers exceptionally strong airflow (up to 1695 Cu. Ft./min); oscillates for broad coverage; 12"-diameter head and 5 effective blades; 1500 watts
- REMOTE CONTROL - Convenient, compact remote control with on-board storage
- ERGONOMIC HANDLE - Top carrying handle ensures easy transport
#5 PELONIS 18″ Quiet Oscillating Pedestal Fan with LED Display
The PELONIS 18″ Quiet Oscillating Pedestal Fan with LED Display is the perfect addition to your home or office. With 3 speeds, this fan can be adjusted to suit any climate and circumstance. It’s also equipped with an easy-to-use multi-functional control panel that has power, timer, oscillation, and fan speed buttons. This means you can find the perfect setting for your needs in just seconds!
You’ll never have to worry about being too hot again because this powerful pedestal fan will keep you cool all day long! And when it does eventually stop working (which won’t happen anytime soon), we offer a 1-year warranty on parts and labor so you don’t have to worry about anything! Plus if there are ever any issues with our product we’re always happy to help out. So what are you waiting for? Get one of these today before they sell out!
• Oscillating for maximum cooling
• Adjustable from 3.5 to 4.5 feet tall
• Multifunctional battery-operated remote control
• Stand design delivers multiple cooling options
• Little bit low-quality stand.
- [3-Speed Quiet Fan] Featuring 3 speed settings and 7. 5-hour timer with Auto Shut-off , the Pelonis pedestal fan allows you to customize your breeze needs , and to control the cooling options with high energy-efficiency in your house, living room and office. Equipped with high-quality blade and powerful motor, this standing fan could provide you with strong wind to boost the cooling effect while operating at low noise level (as low as 55db) in your bedroom or nursing room.
- [Easy to Use ]The user-friendly front operation panel and remote control makes it possible to obtain full range control over our product. The height of the fan could be adjusted between 3. 5 to 4 feet, and it could get you fully covered no matter you are sitting on the couch or lying in bed.
- [Wide-Angle Oscillation ]The 80°wide oscillation angle makes it versatile for one person as well as family use. The direction of the breeze could aim anywhere between the floor and the ceiling through tilt angel of fan head.
- [Safety First] The big and heavy-duty base could provide additional stability for the fan during its operation. The built-in overheat protection would automatically switch off the fan when the motor overheats.
#4 COSTWAY Pedestal Fan
Equipped with 5 large blades and 5 other small ones, this pedestal fan with remote control will cool the room in which it will be installed. Versatile, this device embeds a normal, natural, and sleep mode.
Note also that this device incorporates an oscillation function that will optimize the distribution of air in the surrounding space.
Modular, its height can be adjusted from 111.9 cm to 139.7 cm. Depending on your needs and habits, set the timer for 1 to 15 hours.
With its digital display device, you can check the ventilation settings and change them at any time. In terms of performance, its motor develops a power of 65 Watts. To power it, a voltage of 120 V, as well as a frequency of 60 Hz, will be necessary.
Given its configuration, this fan can be mounted in the living room, the bedroom, or even in an office. Its black and white finish will go with all interior styles.
- The oscillation function is activated from the remote control, which is not always the case with other pedestal fans. Usually, this mode is connected to a toggle switch.
- Due to the range of the remote control, you will not have to go near the fan to make any adjustments.
- Despite its weight and size, assembly presents no difficulty.
- The passage from second to third gear is marked by a not insignificant ventilation noise.
- 🍃 【Hi-Tech Involved】Fans are mainly made of the motor and swing equipment, blower fans, the network covers and wall-or floor-stent components. As hi-tech involved in this fan, you could choose to use remote control or manual one to change condition of the stand fan. RC can be valid within 3.3 feet. The digital LCD display makes you could catch it easily about the condition.
- 🍃 【Mute Dual Blades】Dual-Blade-design utilizes large and small fan blades to create a full and satisfying breeze. The fan has 6 blades in total to powerfully circulate the cool air. The blades are equipped with an oscillating head. Also dual blades keep the gathering wing in closer, but providing diffusive wind in far place, which is mute and very thoughtful!
- 🍃 【Long-Lasting Fan Blade Cover】Double metal rings on the front fan cover, making the top of the fan anti-shock, anti-pressure. Considerate design of longitude line guarantees your safety that well prevents your fingers from getting in it accidently. Focus on self locking buckle now, this is the point to allow you assemble and disassemble.
- 🍃 【Adjustable Back & Head】Adjustable tilt-back to adapt to different needs. In height, it can be adjusted from 44.8 inch to 53 inch. When it swings from up to down, left to right, it can bring you every spot with comfortable cool breeze. Also it could be careful if there is baby or senior home. Also timer can be set from 0.5 - 7.5 hours.
- 🍃 【Stand Fan with Weighted Base】The security is always the top priority for our customers. The weighted base gives the whole stand fan stability, keeping the fan in a stand posture wherever it is. And there are 3 modes - normal, nature and sleep. At all these time, the Costway stand fan could be with you!
#3 NASH WiFi Pedestal Stand Fan Best Pedestal Fan Consumer Reports
Certified by Amazon, this fan is recognized as compatible with the virtual assistant Alexa. Remember that Google Home can also control it.
In terms of performance, the user will have the choice between three different ventilation levels with normal, sleep, and natural mode.
Considered the most efficient in its segment, this model is equipped with an automatic oscillation function and an adjustable foot.
The maximum height is evaluated at more than 1.2 m. To direct the airflow, simply tilt your head in the direction of your choice.
The NASH Smart application is primarily used to switch the engine on and off. The latter develops a power of 75 W. To activate the intelligent functions, you will only have to press the Wifi button and hold it for a period of 5 s.
Once this time has elapsed, an indicator light will start to flash. In the event of a problem, be aware that this product is covered by a one-year warranty.
- Contrary to what one might think, this device remains a very discreet model. Indeed, the engine produces almost no noise even in nature mode.
- Thanks to the NASH Smart or Smart life application, you can control everything via your smartphone or tablet.
- By following the instructions in the manual, anyone can assemble it in no time.
- Alexa will not allow you to control the fan mode and speed. To put this device on standby, it will have to be done manually or via NASH Smart.
- EASY TO USE - The NASH PF-1 CoolSmart is easy to install. Simply download the app, connect to your home 2.4GHz WiFi, and you are up and running! 15 minutes is all it takes.
- VOICE ACTIVATED – Connect via WiFi, certified “Works with Alexa” w/ unique WWA commands; also compatible with Google and Siri voice command; The NASH Smart app is simple to use; Set up schedules, timers, group devices, and much more.
- FULLY PROGRAMMABLE – This quiet pedestal fan delivers exactly the performance you want, with adjustable height, 3 speed settings, 3 modes (normal/sleep/nature), timer, and much more!
#2 Lasko Cyclone Pedestal Fan
Easy to use, Lasko 1843 Cyclone is equipped with a programmable timer. Its duration is adjustable over one, two or even four hours. Well designed, this model has an 18 ″ diameter blade. Coupled with its 3-speed motor, it will effectively refresh your interior.
In addition to this, its height can be adjusted up to 137.2 cm. Not limited to home use, Lasko 1843 Cyclone will find its place in your offices, classrooms, or even in healthcare establishments.
Respecting the safety standards in force, its socket is fitted with a fuse, hence the words “Blue Plug ™”. As a silent pedestal fan, its operation will not disturb the user or those around him.
For information, the head of this device is tiltable. Made of plastic, its movement will not require any force. Remember that this model was designed and assembled in the USA, which is a guarantee of quality.
- The assembly will not require a specific tool or technique. Everything is done manually. In addition, an average person will be able to assemble it the first time.
- By setting it to first speed, this fan can replace a hairdryer. At full throttle, it delivers enough airflow to ventilate an entire room.
- Unlike an air conditioner, its use will significantly reduce your electricity bill.
- Some users resort to Plan B of covering the orders with fabric.
- 3 Quiet, Energy-Efficient Speeds - allows this free standing pedestal to provide a cooling breeze around the home or home office. Ideal for the bedroom, living room, or near your desk. Low, medium, and high speed make this well suited around the whole house.
- Adjustable Height & Tilt-back Head - gives you the ability to direct the cooling air right where you need it. The fan's stand or pedestal, adjusts up or down changing the fan's height while the tilt-back head lets you aim the air towards the floor, ceiling, or anywhere in between.
- Widespread Oscillation - describes the action of the fan head moving from side to side to blow air throughout the area. Oscillation allows for the fan to provide ventilation for a wide area.
- Wireless Remote & Built-in Timer - make this fan an ideal choice over other fans. The ergonomically designed remote control allows you to control fan speed, timer and power automatically from a distance. While the built-in timer is programmable to shut the fan off automatic after 1 to 4 hours.
- Simple No Tools Assembly - means you'll have your fan assembled in no time. Simply follow the included instructions to assemble the base mount to the extension pipe, fan blades and grill and you're done.
#1 Honeywell HS Stand Fan [Best Floor Fan Consumer Reports ]
How to choose the best pedestal fans of 2020? Equipped with a 5-stage ventilation system, this model has performance far superior to that of its competitors. The timer can be set for 1, 2, 4 or 8 hours, which is sufficient for daily and home use.
To concentrate the airflow in a given direction, tilt your head as needed. The so-called silent controls have been established in such a way as to optimize ventilation speed, sound level, and electricity consumption. To say that this is the best standing fan is a fact.
Aesthetically speaking, the propellers, the feet as well as the control panel benefit from a black finish. Indeed, its structure remains completely homogeneous.
In addition to that, it embeds a touch screen. Honeywell said that the assembly can be done manually without any tools, which is good news.
- On average, this fan can last 3 years or more. Its lifespan does not vary despite regular and intensive use. Its purchase, therefore, remains a real investment.
- QuietSet refers to its noise level and the way this equipment moves the ambient air. In short, this is an ultra-quiet device.
- The assembly of the HS1655CV1 remains very easy and quick to perform.
- Very fragile in nature, the cleaning of the blades should be done with delicacy.
Vornado VFAN Sr. Pedestal Vintage Air Circulator Fan:
This beautiful fan may be the most expensive option in this review, but if you’re looking for a powerful fan with a nice design, you won’t regret it. Although the Vornado Vintage Vfan Sr. floor fan is expensive, its classic metal design provides a five-year satisfaction guarantee. The fan also provides three levels of speed, is equipped with a fully moving rotating head, can achieve multi-directional airflow, and has Signature Vortex technology.
The 3-speed manual control is easy to use, allowing you to choose conveniently. The height can be adjusted between 42 and 55 inches.
Multidirectional air flow, equipped with an adjustable tilt head, lets you direct the air.
1. It has excellent airflow.
2. Constructed with high-quality materials.
3. Running smoothly.
4. Provides an excellent 5-year warranty.
5. Timeless design and outstanding performance.
1. This is an expensive base fan.
2. The assembly process can be a bit complicated.
3. It does not have a remote or programmable on/off switch.
- ICONIC PERFORMANCE — Utilizes Vornado's signature Vortex air circulation to more effectively move air throughout the entire room.
- TIMELESS DESIGN — Bringing together sturdy metal construction with authentic Vornado VFAN styling.
- SIMPLE CONTROLS — The 3-speed manual control is easy to use and allows you to dial in your comfort. Height adjusts from 42 to 55 inches.
- MULTI-DIRECTIONAL AIRFLOW — Equipped with an adjustable tilt head that allows you to direct the air where you need it.
- SUPERIOR SUPPORT — Backed by a 5-year hassle-free promise and supported by a customer service team based in Andover, KS.
Lasko Space-Saving Pedestal Tower Fan with Remote Control:
Lasko’s compact remote-controlled vertical fan is perfect for circulating air It doesn’t take a lot of space.
It has three low power consumption and mute speeds, a wireless remote control, an LED
display, and a built-in timer, so you are worth the money.
The fan is automatically turned off after the selected time. Choose between 1/2 hour and 7.5. The number of hours in half-hour increments. In one-key standby mode, the timer is automatically set to 6 hours. Lasko fans are perfect for bedroom, living room, kitchen or home offices.
The quiet and powerful fan ensures a fresh breeze throughout the room. This fan is small and compact, which is very suitable for tight spaces.
Widely used swing and directional blades allow you to direct the airflow to where you need.
When the swing is turned on, the fan will move steadily left and right to distribute the air. Use directional fins or adjust the height of the fan to direct the air up or down.
1. Reliable and durable products.
2. Its noise level is very low.
3. Height adjustable from 38 to 54.5 inches.
1. When used to a certain extent, it will not cover a long distance.
2. The power cord is short.
3. Users claim that the grill is difficult to assemble.
- 3 Quiet, Energy-Efficient Speeds - makes this fan ideal for the bedroom, living room, kitchen, or home office. The quiet yet powerful fan provides a cooling breeze throughout the room. Small and compact this fan is ideal for tight places where space is minimal..Number of speeds:3
- Widespread Oscillation and Directional Louvers - allows you to direct airflow where you need. Turn on oscillation and the fan will gentle go side to side distributing air. Direct air up or down by using the directional louvers or adjusting the fans height.
- Wireless Remote Control and LED Display - are two great features that make this fan easy to control. The remote allows you adjust the fan speed, timer, oscillation, or sleep mode from a distance. While the fan's LED display lets you know which settings are selected.
- Built-in Timer - automatically shuts the fan off after the selected time. Choose from 1/2 hour to 7.5 hours in 1/2 hour increments. Use the one touch Sleep Mode and the timer is automatically set to run for 6 hours.
- Easy to Follow Instructions - allows you to take the fan out of the box and assemble it in minutes. Simply assemble the base, pedestal, and attach the fan and you're ready to enjoy a cooling breeze.
Air King Industrial Pedestal Fan:
The Air-King industrial-grade vertical fan is very suitable for circulating air in large rooms such as homes, offices, or open garages. It is easy to install, but like many industrial fans, it does not have a remote control, so you have to deal with speed changes and manually turn the fan on and off.
Nonetheless, critics say that even in the summer in Texas, this fan can beat the heat like everyone else. Air King is certainly not cheap, but if you are looking for performance,
durability, and general range, it is a good choice. It includes a powder-coated steel grill, stand, and blade. The fan is equipped with a fully enclosed, fully enclosed, 1/6 HP, 120 volts, 1/6 HP ball bearing, continuous lubrication split capacitor motor.
With 54-64 inch height adjustable, tilting fan head, 9-foot black power cord, rear_mounted controls, and 3 speeds and this vertical fan has a rotating fan head, allows to direct the airflow to where it is needed.
1. It is a durable product made of powder-coated steel.
2. Easy to assemble
3. It is very suitable for large rooms.
1. The blade is not properly balanced.
2. Maybe noisy.
3. It’s difficult to move
- 20-inch pedestal Fan ideal for any industrial space that needs powerful air circulation
- Constructed of powder-coated steel for long-lasting durability
- 1/6-horsepower, fully enclosed, permanently lubricated motor
- 9 foot 3 conductor SJT type power cord
- Comes with a 1-year limited warranty
Buying Guide For Best Floor Fans Consumer Reports
To know which home fan you should buy, you must take into account some recommendations, such as the different models and characteristics of each one:
You have already been able to see with the models that I have shown you that there are different types of fans: table, standing, tower.
They all fulfill the main function, that of cooling, equally, so the type to choose will depend on your preferences and the location where you are going to place it (you will not put a table fan on the floor).
As I have told you, depending on where you are going to place it, you will need one or the other. And not only because of the type of fan but also because of the characteristics that each one offers you.
A blade fan in a small room might need too much space that you could correct with a tower fan, which is much more stylish.
The power, or the modes, will undoubtedly be a determining factor when deciding on one of the other fans. From fans with a couple of powers to others with up to five and special modes such as night, breeze, or turbo mode.
You should look for the one that best suits your needs since power also determines consumption. Although the fans are saving, especially if we compare them with air conditioners.
Finally, look at its extras. Because fans are not what they used to be. You can find manual fans, with buttons to activate their functions, or others with panels in which you will receive various information.
You can also opt for a fan with remote control, which is very practical when you are resting and need to change something.
In summary, before choosing a ventilator, the aspects mentioned above should be considered. A fan offers a number of benefits that can be used to the maximum,
but all always thinking about the needs of the buyer and depending on the place where the appliance will be installed.