From an economic point of view and for the sake of reliability, the purchase of a floor fan is much more interesting than an air conditioner.
Easy to transport and move, this device is a hit with households. To power it, simply plug it into a power outlet, no refrigerant gas is needed. As for maintenance, you can do everything from the house.
Reviews For Best Floor Fans Consumer Reports
- Rowenta VU2660 Electronic Table Fan
- COSTWAY Pedestal Fan
- NASH WiFi Pedestal Stand Fan
- Lasko Cyclone Pedestal Fan
- Honeywell HS Stand Fan
#5 Rowenta VU2660 Electronic Table Fan
Combining performance and user comfort, the Rowenta pedestal fan is equipped with a turbo function ensuring an airflow of 2400 cfm. Thanks to Extreme Silence technology, it will always remain discreet, even in boost mode.
By setting it to the Silent Night position, you can sleep peacefully while enjoying the freshness of the air. Its sound level will not exceed 35 dB.
On the other hand, the airflow will propagate over a sweep angle of 110 °. Well thought out, this fan incorporates a timer with 4 positions namely 1, 2, 4, and 8 h. Coupled with the Silent Night function, this is the perfect combo.
The decrescendo mode ensures a gradual decrease in ventilation. Economically, the airflow will regulate automatically every 15 minutes. As an accessory, Rowenta has thought of remote control. Easy to move, this device has a carrying handle.
- As it is made with quality materials, its design is both modern and attractive. For information, its structure is adjustable in height.
- By activating the boost mode, you will get a much more important and refreshing airflow.
- Despite its performance, the VU2660 remains a very quiet model even at night. At low speed, its noise level is evaluated at 35 dB.
- Given the size of the remote control, it takes time to get used to it.
#4 COSTWAY Pedestal Fan
Equipped with 5 large blades and 5 other small ones, this pedestal fan with remote control will cool the room in which it will be installed. Versatile, this device embeds a normal, natural, and sleep mode.
Note also that this device incorporates an oscillation function which will optimize the distribution of air in the surrounding space.
Modular, its height can be adjusted from 111.9 cm to 139.7 cm. Depending on your needs and habits, set the timer for 1 to 15 hours.
With its digital display device, you can check the ventilation settings and change them at any time. In terms of performance, its motor develops a power of 65 Watts. To power it, a voltage of 120 V, as well as a frequency of 60 Hz, will be necessary.
Given its configuration, this fan can be mounted in the living room, the bedroom, or even in an office. Its black and white finish will go with all interior styles.
- The oscillation function is activated from the remote control, which is not always the case with other pedestal fans. Usually, this mode is connected to a toggle switch.
- Due to the range of the remote control, you will not have to go near the fan to make any adjustments.
- Despite its weight and size, assembly presents no difficulty.
- The passage from second to third gear is marked by a not insignificant ventilation noise.
#3 NASH WiFi Pedestal Stand Fan
Certified by Amazon, this fan is recognized as compatible with the virtual assistant Alexa. Remember that Google Home can also control it.
In terms of performance, the user will have the choice between three different ventilation levels with normal, sleep, and natural mode.
Considered the most efficient in its segment, this model is equipped with an automatic oscillation function and an adjustable foot.
The maximum height is evaluated at more than 1.2 m. To direct the airflow, simply tilt your head in the direction of your choice.
The NASH Smart application is primarily used to switch the engine on and off. The latter develops a power of 75 W. To activate the intelligent functions, you will only have to press the Wifi button and hold it for a period of 5 s.
Once this time has elapsed, an indicator light will start to flash. In the event of a problem, be aware that this product is covered by a one-year warranty.
- Contrary to what one might think, this device remains a very discreet model. Indeed, the engine produces almost no noise even in nature mode.
- Thanks to the NASH Smart or Smart life application, you can control everything via your smartphone or tablet.
- By following the instructions in the manual, anyone can assemble it in no time.
- Alexa will not allow you to control the fan mode and speed. To put this device on standby, it will have to be done manually or via NASH Smart.
#2 Lasko Cyclone Pedestal Fan
Easy to use, Lasko 1843 Cyclone is equipped with a programmable timer. Its duration is adjustable over one, two or even four hours. Well designed, this model has an 18 ″ diameter blade. Coupled with its 3-speed motor, it will effectively refresh your interior.
In addition to this, its height can be adjusted up to 137.2 cm. Not limited to home use, Lasko 1843 Cyclone will find its place in your offices, classrooms, or even in healthcare establishments.
Respecting the safety standards in force, its socket is fitted with a fuse, hence the words “Blue Plug ™”. As a silent pedestal fan, its operation will not disturb the user or those around him.
For information, the head of this device is tiltable. Made of plastic, its movement will not require any force. Remember that this model was designed and assembled in the USA, which is a guarantee of quality.
- The assembly will not require a specific tool or technique. Everything is done manually. In addition, an average person will be able to assemble it the first time.
- By setting it to first speed, this fan can replace a hairdryer. At full throttle, it delivers enough airflow to ventilate an entire room.
- Unlike an air conditioner, its use will significantly reduce your electricity bill.
- Some users resort to Plan B of covering the orders with fabric.
#1 Honeywell HS Stand Fan
How to choose the best pedestal fans of 2020? Equipped with a 5-stage ventilation system, this model has performance far superior to that of its competitors. The timer can be set for 1, 2, 4 or 8 hours, which is sufficient for daily and home use.
To concentrate the airflow in a given direction, tilt your head as needed. The so-called silent controls have been established in such a way as to optimize ventilation speed, sound level, and electricity consumption. To say that this is the best standing fan is a fact.
Aesthetically speaking, the propellers, the feet as well as the control panel benefit from a black finish. Indeed, its structure remains completely homogeneous.
In addition to that, it embeds a touch screen. Honeywell said that the assembly can be done manually without any tools, which is good news.
- On average, this fan can last 3 years or more. Its lifespan does not vary despite regular and intensive use. Its purchase, therefore, remains a real investment.
- QuietSet refers to its noise level and the way this equipment moves the ambient air. In short, this is an ultra-quiet device.
- The assembly of the HS1655CV1 remains very easy and quick to perform.
- Very fragile in nature, the cleaning of the blades should be done with delicacy.
Buying Guide For Best Floor Fans Consumer Reports
To know which home fan you should buy, you must take into account some recommendations, such as the different models and characteristics of each one:
You have already been able to see with the models that I have shown you that there are different types of fans: table, standing, tower.
They all fulfill the main function, that of cooling, equally, so the type to choose will depend on your preferences and the location where you are going to place it (you will not put a table fan on the floor).
As I have told you, depending on where you are going to place it, you will need one or the other. And not only because of the type of fan but also because of the characteristics that each one offers you.
A blade fan in a small room might need too much space that you could correct with a tower fan, which is much more stylish.
The power, or the modes, will undoubtedly be a determining factor when deciding on one of the other fans. From fans with a couple of powers to others with up to five and special modes such as night, breeze, or turbo mode.
You should look for the one that best suits your needs since power also determines consumption. Although the fans are saving, especially if we compare them with air conditioners.
Finally, look at its extras. Because fans are not what they used to be. You can find manual fans, with buttons to activate their functions, or others with panels in which you will receive various information.
You can also opt for a fan with remote control, which is very practical when you are resting and need to change something.
In summary, before choosing a ventilator, the aspects mentioned above should be considered. A fan offers a number of benefits that can be used to the maximum,
but all always thinking about the needs of the buyer and depending on the place where the appliance will be installed.