Choosing the Best Bottles For Breastfed Babies Consumer Reports should not be a decision taken lightly if you want to ensure that your baby is artificial breastfeeding in a condition favorable to their health.
To achieve this goal, it is necessary to have some information about this equipment to avoid missing out on the model you need. It is essential to know everything about the material that constitutes it, its shape, and the nature of its pacifier.
Although having the option of breastfeeding your baby is a good thing, you may have to provide a bottle at some point, either because you are going to work and getting other people to the party. or run away from home for some hours without it. Leave your baby. And this can be a stressful experience, especially If your baby is just breastfeeding.
However, bottle-feeding a baby can be an exciting step that will teach him a new skill and give him a break for some time.
It may not be easy for your child to learn this new skill right away, as long as they have the right tools and a little knowledge, they will learn it quickly.
We have created a list for consumers to pick easily the best bottles for their breastfed babies.
The pacifier of the contents of the set is soft and flexible. It gives the impression of being in contact with a mother’s skin to reproduce natural breastfeeding.
Tommee Tippee Starter Kit comes with a uniquely designed pacifier. This component is made of silicone characterized by its softness and flexibility. It mimics the natural movements of a breast during feeding.
This facilitates the alternation between breastfeeding a mother and the bottle. Your little one won’t feel a big difference and won’t have a hard time adopting this equipment.
The set offers different pacifiers and they differ in the rate at which your baby accesses milk. Some of them are slow, while others have medium speed.
Thus, these elements adapt to the needs of your child so that he has the enthusiasm to feed himself properly whether you are present or not.
They accompany it as it grows so that you do not frequently invest in the purchase of this type of equipment over time. This characteristic also leads to the convenience of using the contents of the set.
- The pacifier of the contents of the set is soft and flexible. It gives the impression of being in contact with a mother’s skin to reproduce natural breastfeeding.
- The flow of the teat is said to be slow. However, some parents find that the amount of milk that comes out is still significant and its consumption leads to rapid breastfeeding.
- Baby bottles with breast-like nipples and essential accessories, ideal for newborn babies and up
- Breast-like: Silicone breast-like nipple feels closer to skin and flexes like mom, supporting the transition from breastfeeding to bottle feeding
- Acceptance Guaranteed*: Breast-like shaped nipple for an easy and natural latch – 97% mom recommended**
- Anti-Colic: Sensitive Closer to Nature nipple with anti-colic valve reduces excessive air flow, so babies ingest more milk and less air, preventing symptoms of colic
- BPA-free: All Tommee Tippee bottles are BPA-free and phthalate-free for ultimate reassurance..
A baby, when it grows, changes its diet. During the first months of his life, he often passes from the mother’s breast to the bottle. There is a multitude of models of this container.
Philips has its Avent range which includes this model of a bottle. This material differs from others on several points. Regarding the shape, it is perfectly ergonomic.
Each element has been designed for the comfort of holding and feeding. The pacifier thus imitates the natural silhouette of a breast. It is wide and rounded.
The child can, therefore, alternate between the mother’s breast and the bottle without necessarily requiring adaptation. The shape of the container allows it to be held well without difficulty.
Even the baby can hold it. Note that this bottle model is intended for children 6 months and older.
So that breastfeeding takes place in the best conditions, this bottle has many advantages. The pacifier is made of silicone.
This material is very soft, taking the texture of a breast. In addition, the tip is flexible. Its spiral design reinforces this flexibility while adding certain robustness.
The alveoli on the nipple prevent the nipple from sagging while the baby is nursing. This bottle is also equipped with an anti-colic valve to prevent air from entering the child’s stomach.
The neck of the bottle is wide enough for easy filling and cleaning. The transparent polypropylene body is strong and can be sterilized perfectly.
- These bottles in a set of 3 are adaptable to all the accessories in the range. They can, therefore, be transformed into a breast pump or a cup as needed.
- The body of the bottle is easy to handle, even for the baby. In addition, the pacifier mimics the shape of a natural breast for more comfort for the child.
- This bottle model has a capacity of 330 ml. This is perfectly sufficient for a child of 6 months or more.
- Being able to choose the size of the pacifier when ordering would be a plus.
- Included 3 Natural Bottles 9oz/260ml with Slow Flow Nipple (1m+), The Philips Avent Natural bottle is made of BPA free material (polypropylene)
- The wide breast shaped nipple promotes a natural latch on similar to the breast, making it easy for your baby to combine breast and bottle feeding. The nipple has an ultra soft texture, designed to mimic the feel of the breast
- Flexible spiral design, combined with our unique comfort petals to create a flexible nipple, allowing for a more natural feed without nipple collapse. Our unique anti-colic Airflex vent technology was designed to reduce colic and discomfort, by venting air away from your baby's tummy
- Due to the unique shape, the bottle is easy to hold and grip in any direction for maximum comfort, even for baby’s tiny hands. Wide bottle neck makes filling and cleaning easy. Only a few parts for quick and simple assembly
- Mix and match our breast pump, bottle and cup parts, and create the product that works for you, when you need it! (Sold Separately)
Specially adapted to your baby from birth to his sixth month, Mam is a bottle model formed by an alternation of white and blue colors very elegant suitable for a little girl as well as a little boy.
The delivery contains two sets of bottles to allow you to feed your child more quickly.
The bottles are anti-colic so that your child always stays healthy thanks to the better digestion of his food. The nipple of each bottle is very soft so that the baby does not face any difference between it and his mother’s breast.
This allows him to accept it and eat easily. The ventilation of the base of the bottles allows a better circulation of the air to respect the rhythm of the feeding of your child.
This base can also be unscrewed to facilitate the cleaning of the bottles to feed only healthy foods to your baby.
The neck of each bottle is wide, always to facilitate cleaning and filling. Each bottle has a scale to easily measure the amount of milk appropriate for your baby’s age.
Mam is the answer to your question if you are wondering at the moment which batch of baby bottles to buy.
- Thanks to its unscrewable base, it will be easy for you to clean these bottles, especially since you can sterilize them in the microwave.
- The bottles in the Mam kit have soft teats that appeal to babies.
- Unfortunately, a trick will have to be found for meals smaller than 60 ml, because the measurements only start at 60 ml on the bottles.
- ANTI-COLIC - Our vented base design releases liquid slowly, reducing colic symptoms in 80%* of babies by eliminating bubbles that cause gas and aggravate colic & reflux.
- BREASTFED BABIES - The elongated nipple shape of our anti colic baby bottles feels just like mom so parents and newborns can easily switch between breastfeeding and bottle feeding.
- EASY CLEAN - No need for a separate bottle sterilizer: MAM bottles self-sterilize in the microwave in 3 minutes, meaning fewer baby items to take on the go.
- PRODUCT DETAILS - MAM Easy Start Anti Colic Baby Bottles, 9 oz (2-Pack), 2 Baby Bottles with 2 Medium Flow Silicone Nipple, Newborn Essentials, Blue
NUK’s first choice is suitable for a child from birth. This model comes as a set of 4 bottles which have a capacity of 300ml each allowing you to prepare a sufficient amount of milk for your baby each time you go to feed him.
The bottles are made of very resistant and secure polypropylene so that your baby only drinks healthy milk. The nipples of each bottle come with Air System technology so that your child can suck at a normal rate, not too excessive or too slow.
The base of the bottles is well widened to facilitate cleaning and ensure better maintenance for long-term use.
The shape of each bottle is ergonomic for ease of handling. These bottles have been tested by mothers, midwives, and pediatricians to ensure the safety and health of your child with each use.
This model is a relevant answer to your question if at the moment you are wondering what is the best newborn baby bottle currently available on the market.
Before going to a specialized site that will tell you where to buy the best bottle, know that the opinions of several parents indicate that the Nuk First Choice model is worthy of interest, and in addition, it is the cheapest in our selection.
- The Nuk First Choice is a kit consisting of two large-capacity bottles: 300 ml each.
- Thanks to Air System technology, the risk of colic is reduced.
- Care must be taken not to take the wrong measurement as graduation is not very clear.
As the name suggests, this bottle is made entirely of premium quality glass. This structure effectively withstands large temperature variations. So, this item can be sent into the microwave for heating.
This manufacturing element is also easy to maintain. Unlike plastic models which generally retain odors from previous uses,
this equipment does not present this kind of inconvenience. After sterilization, your baby will have available an odorless bottle similar to the first use.
The pacifier, on the other hand, is made of silicone. Transparent, it is not easily colored. In addition, this aesthetic will allow you to quickly see its cleanliness.
The capacity is 260 ml. Thanks to this, your child will be able to use it from birth. This specimen can be suitable for all types of drinks.
- Easy to maintain: With its glass design, this model is easy to clean. Residues are easily removed from the structure and odors are virtually eliminated. You can then alternate different drinks with the bottle without the effects of the previous one being felt.
- Soft pacifier: This accessory adapts perfectly to the baby’s lips so that the latter has the feeling of being in contact with his mother’s breast. It is gentle and limits oral irritation.
- No air evacuation system: This model is not equipped with an air evacuation system which helps limit colic problems according to some opinions.
Lactation consultants like this bottle for breastfeeding babies. It may seem counterintuitive because it has a narrow neck rather than a chest shape. However, contrary to popular belief, some breastfeeding experts claim that it is more difficult for babies to hold a wide-necked bottle because the bottom is too wide. The narrow design of this Dr. Brown’s bottle and nipple provides babies with a natural latching experience and makes it easier to remove the bottle from the breast.
The design of the nipples is similar to breastfeeding, allowing milk to flow smoothly and continuously. Dr. Brown is affordable and equipped with an internal ventilation system to help the air escape and reduce the baby’s gas and discomfort. If your baby contracts during feeding, you can cancel the ventilation.
These bottles are made of borosilicate glass that is resistant to freezing and boiling water. The mothers also report that if you let them down, they will not fall apart. Glass bottles are naturally BPA-free and easy to clean. These Dr. Brown Natural Flow Options + narrow bottles can be washed in the dishwasher.
1. Dishwasher safety (basket layup) and sterilizer safety.
2. The anti-colic ventilation system can be used or not.
3. Stable glass bottle
1. Heavier than plastic bottles.
2. All parties involved in the anticolic ventilation system.
- ANTI-COLIC GLASS BABY BOTTLE. Anti-Colic internal vent system is clinically proven to reduce colic. Decreases spit-up, burping and gas.
- CONSISTENT FLOW RATE. Vacuum-free feeding is closest to breastfeeding and Dr. Brown’s silicone nipples provide a consistent flow so babies can feed at their own pace.
- PRESERVES NUTRIENTS. The anti-colic vent system is proven to help preserve bottle milk nutrients and aids in digestion for a better night’s sleep.
- BREASTFEEDING BOTTLE. The breast-like nipple shape encourages a proper latch for a more natural bottle feeding experience and eases the transition from breast to bottle and back again.
- BOTTLE GROWS WITH BABY. Dr. Brown’s Natural Flow Anti-Colic Options+ baby bottle works best with the internal vent system in place but can be removed as baby’s feeding develops – no need to introduce a different bottle.
Comotomo bottles are available in 5 oz or 8 oz sizes, suitable for newborns and older babies. What makes the bottle inserter easy to use is that they have a large mound with a natural pacifier to avoid confusion.
In addition to being easy to carry for the baby, they are also made of silicone, without BPA, and can be used in a dishwasher and microwave. Silicone also provides a super-soft grip that babies love to hold. These pacifiers have dual exhaust ports to help relieve discomfort and prevent hiccups. The best part is that these bottles have an oversized base, so they are really easy to clean and a must-have for any tired family. These bottles are expensive, so try some before committing more.
1. Super wide collar design.
2. Can be used safely in microwave ovens, boiling water, dishwashers, and sterilizers.
3. Easy to clean.
1. Larger sizes are more difficult to fit into traditional bottle-shaped grooves on diaper bags and baby bottle racks.
2. Limited color options (pink and green).
- Comotomo baby bottles are deisgned to most closely mimic breastfeeding to reduce bottle rejection and nipple confusion issues
- Ultra wide-neck design allows easy cleaning by hand without a brush. Nipple and body is made of 100% safe hygienic silicone
- Safe in microwave, boiling water, dishwashers and sterilizers. Tips - If the bottle is leaking,make sure there's not blockage on the vents. You can wash it in running water, or sterilize it in boiling water for 5 minutes.Also,make sure that the nipple, ring, and bottle base is aligned properly and screwed tightly and thoroughly
- Maximum temperature for bottle and nipple is 180 degree Celsius and 120 degree Celsius for cap and outer ring
- Dual anti-colic vents prevent unwanted air-intake and reduce colic
According to the lactation consultant, the nipple on this bottle is best closed. This is because it has a gradually inclined nipple, and the baby can use the entire mouth to move, mimicking breastfeeding. The nipple also has a slow flow, allowing a continuous flow of milk, similar to the milk that a baby receives from the breast. The Evenflo cylinder has a proprietary built-in exhaust system that can reduce gas, but the cylinder in this cylinder has only one valve, and some parents say it may leak.
The Evenflo Balance bottle weighs 170 grams and is ideal for breastfed babies who typically do not exceed 90 to 150 grams per feed. You can pump them directly into these bottles because they are made of glass, so you can put them in the refrigerator and then thaw them without destroying them.
These can be easily cleaned by hand or placed on the top rack of the dishwasher. They are naturally BPA-free, three in a pack.
1. Compatible with Evenflo Balance + wide neck pump adapter (sold separately).
2. Dishwasher safe (top basket).
1. Not compatible with Spectra pumps.
- Our strongest glass bottle yet – thermal shock resistant
- Unique, naturally-sloped nipple promotes a healthy wide latch; recommended by 97% of parents
- 1-piece integrated venting helps prevent colic, gas, and fussiness
- A slower flow rate for calm, gulp-free feeding
Buying Guide For Best Bottles For Breastfed Babies Consumer Reports
The bottle is a purchase that you cannot do without when the baby arrives. Even if you opt for exclusive breastfeeding, sooner or later you will have to invest in this accessory to give water and food supplements to your little one.
However, finding the right bottle cannot be improvised. Especially if you are a new parent. To help you make the smart choice, here’s a buying guide for the best baby bottles.
Knowing where to buy a new bottle beforehand is not enough to find the model that best meets your baby’s needs. There are two main types of bottles on the market: plastic and glass.
Depending on the use you want to make of it, the age of the child, but also your personal preferences, one of the categories will suit you more than the other. To navigate easily, a few parameters will have to be taken into account.
For babies 0-6 months, a glass bottle is recommended. Due to the robustness and ease of maintenance of this material, its use will be more comfortable for you.
As you must scrupulously respect the hygiene of these accessories before you can use them for your baby, know that glass bottles will be easier to sterilize.
For babies from 7 to 36 months, plastic bottles will be more practical. And for good reason, they are known for their flexibility and resistance to cracks.
So if some will hesitate to turn to these models because of their lifespan, it is clear that the simplicity offered at the level of cleaning and sterilization should not leave you indifferent.
However, if you are attracted to this type, consider choosing plastic bottles without bisphenol-A.
Still, wondering how to buy a better value bottle? Taking the time to check the capacity of the bottle will get you on the right track.
Bottles with a small capacity, i.e. 30 to 50 ml, are dedicated to taking medication. While the bottles with a capacity of 250 ml will be more suitable for babies from 0 to 9 months.
To give your baby from 6 to 12 months the first meal, 150 ml bottles are recommended. On the other hand, for babies over 12 months, you should think about a larger capacity, that is, bottles of 300 to 350 ml.
Once you have taken this parameter into account, you can consult a price comparison engine to get a clear idea of the purchase to be made.
A bottle without a pacifier is like a hand without fingers. An essential accessory, its choice is not to be taken lightly. You will find several tips to help you make your choice, but some rules will make your decision easier.
For mixed feeding, invest in silicone pacifiers. For exclusive bottle feeding, it is best to buy a rubber teat. For babies who are in the process of weaning, physiological pacifiers are more recommended.
The arrival of a child remains a unique event, especially for those who become parents for the first time. To ensure good nutrition of the baby, especially after his sixth month, it is essential to have certain materials to do this.
The bottle is therefore part of it and remains one of the most essential. Like any other equipment, you must know how to use it properly to ensure the health of the infant. You can also, check the best baby bottle sterilizers.
1: Which one to choose: glass or a plastic baby bottle?
The bottles are available in different materials. You have the glass models and the plastic ones. Those in glass are more suitable for the first months of the child. Indeed, they are easier to clean and do not scratch easily despite the many washes that you will perform. However, they can break.
As long as your child can hold his bottle, use the plastic models. So even if the container falls, it will not break. Also, make sure that it does not contain BPA and that it is not harmful to a baby.
2: How to sterilize a bottle?
Before sterilization, be sure to clean the container thoroughly. Then choose from the following processes: hot, cold, or boiling water sterilization.
For hot sterilization, you can use electric sterilizers or place them in the microwave. The duration can be up to 20 minutes. The cold process, for its part, requires the intervention of a chemical tablet dedicated to cleaning childcare articles.
It is safe for children. Finally, for the last process, all you need to do is boil water for nearly 15 minutes before immersing the bottle and its accessories for the same period.
3: How to prepare a bottle?
To prepare your child’s bottle, pour an amount of water suitable for their age and appetite into the container. Then take powdered milk using the pod. Do not pack it down and do not take bulging doses either.
Pour a dose of this powder into 30 ml of water. Then close and shake the bottle vigorously to obtain liquid milk without lumps or undiluted powder.
4: How many bottles to buy?
For new parents, it’s not easy to know how many bottles to buy. Well, there is no fixed number of bottles. The goal here is to have enough so that you don’t have to clean and sterilize the same model after each feeding.
Your baby will need to feed every two hours on average during the day. To prevent you from missing a bottle, make sure you have at least 8.
5: What water should I use to prepare a bottle?
To prevent the water you give your child from overflowing with germs, take a few precautions. If you have opted for tap water, make sure that it has a temperature below 25 ° C.
It is also possible to opt for bottled water only, it should not be rich in minerals. Also, avoid using filtered water because the filter containers contain too many germs.