Who doesn’t like barbecue in summer? Despite the extreme heat, everyone likes summer barbecue because it is a great way to spend time with their loved ones and cook delicious dishes. However, to do this, you need the best grill under the $500 consumer report.
After all, what’s the point of grilling when it’s both delicate and stressful? The gas grill is very efficient, so you can prepare food easily, and who says that good things have a price? This does not apply to grills, you can get the best grills for $500 or less. These grills may not have as many functions as expensive grills, but they can certainly provide you with delicious grilled food at your convenience. The affordable grill market is growing because people don’t want to spend thousands of dollars on grills, especially if they don’t want to do it every day. You should check the top five grills out of 500 consumer reviews because this is the easiest way to get the most reliable and affordable grill.
Weber Spirit II:
First, we have Weber Spirit II Liquid Propane BBQ Weber Spirit II is one of their best-selling products.
This version of Weber Spirit II has three burners, one level higher than the two-burner model. In addition, the new three-burner version has a larger grill area and 30,000 BTU. Therefore, you can cook more food at the same time more efficiently.
However, both models are equipped with Weber’s proprietary GS4 grill system, which consists of four components.
The four components include:
Infinity Ignition: Compatible with propane, it is a fast and durable ignition system.
Flavoring sticks: These are designed to evaporate droplets so that you can maximize the smoky flavor. (The non-evaporated droplets fall into the fat management system).
Burner: There are three burner tubes designed for uniform gas flow.
Fat Control System: This system connects to the flavor bar and stores droplets and debris in your collection tank. (The box is located under the baking box for easy removal.)
The ignition is impressive, it only takes five minutes to go from 0 degrees to 500 degrees. Although the bakeware is a bit difficult to roll up at first, all you have to do is adjust it to your liking. So despite the learning curve, the grill is easy to use once you get used to it.
1. Four color options.
2. Easy-to-access water tank.
3. 10-year warranty.
4. Collapse the grid.
5. Cook food evenly.
1. Some quality control issues.
2. Hard to assemble by yourself.
- Boasts the GS4 grilling system with improved infinity ignition, burners, porcelain-enameled Glamorizer Bars, and grease Management system
- Porcelain-enameled, cast iron cooking grates
- 529 Square inches of cooking space over three burners. Left Table down width - 42 inches
- 30, 000 BTU-per-hour input main burners with fuel gauge
- Open cart design with six tool hooks and two large wheels.Built-in lid thermometer
Char-Broil Performance 4-Burner Cart Style Liquid Propane Gas Grill.
Like with the Weber Spirit II, the Performance 4-Burner is an improved version of the Performance 2-Burner. Unlike the 2-burner, this gas grill measures around 18.22 x 22.47, giving you substantial cooking space.
Additionally, the grill comes with a 10,000 BTU burner. While the heat production isn’t as powerful as other grills, the grill temperature increases with less fuel per unit of increase. Consequently, this is a more cost-efficient purchase.
With the stainless steel shelves and warming rack, you can keep your food warm and clean up quickly afterward. As the steel is no-stick, grease and food drippings are easier to wipe off. Also, the shelves are wear-resistant, so you don’t have to worry about them burning or rusting.
However, be mindful; the grill is primarily for indoor use. It’s not weather-resistant and gets damaged in the rain and wind. Despite this, the Performance 4-Burner is a reliable investment, coming at a budget-friendly price.
1. Quick assembly.
2. Great for browning steak.
3. Easy-to-read LED kitchen thermometer.
4. With additional hooks for hanging tweezers and brushes.
5. Incredibly stable structure
1. Not waterproof.
2. The grill cover is a bit thin.
- Power Source: Propane/ liquid petroleum gas. The propane tank is not included.
- Exclusive Stainless Steel finish for increased style and durability
- Reliable electric ignition to fire up your grill and 10, 000 BTU side burner
- Porcelain-coated grease pan is durable and can be removed for easy cleaning
- Stainless Steel burners emit flame from the top to allow for even cooking
Monument Grills Stainless Steel 4 Burner Propane Gas Grill with Rotisserie.
Monument Grills 17842 is a heavy-duty stainless steel grill with four main burners and one side burner. This grill can provide you with more than 60,000 BTU of heat. This power level allows you to heat the grill to 600 °F in 15 minutes.
This is a versatility grill; from baking bread to grilling steak, you can do many things with this gas grill. It even has grilled chicken and fish options. The grill itself is also spacious, so you can allocate space for different dishes. For example, you can place kebabs in one part of the grill and steak/empanadas/children in another part. Since there are four burners, you can adjust the temperature to avoid burning each dish. This way you can prepare several dishes at the same time, saving a lot of cooking time.
1. Easy-to-use control buttons.
2. Equipped with pan burner.
3. LED lamp temperature display.
4. Excellent thermal performance.
5. Easy to maintain.
1. Easy to rust.
2. Smoke too much at a higher temperature.
- STAINLESS STEEL BURNERS - Four main 304 stainless steel burners and one side burner with 60,000 total BTUs deliver powerful heat and performance
- LARGE COOKING AREA - 723 square inches of total cooking area offers plenty of grilling space; 513 square inches of primary cooking area and 210 square inches of warming rack area
- CAST IRON COOKING GRATES - Porcelain coated, cast iron cooking grates designed for even cooking
- STAINLESS STEEL FLAME TAMERS - Stainless flame tamers insure even heat delivering great flavors
- ROTISSERIE KIT INCLUDED -Rotisserie kit design which is perfect for your additional grill options of turkey cooking
Dyna-Glo Smart Space Living 3-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill:
Dyna-Glo griller is the outdoor barbecue brand of GHP Group. Inc is one of the world’s leading suppliers of fireplaces, heating products, and log kits. It has retailers in North America and Europe and is committed to providing outdoor grills for household and commercial use.
Dyna-Glo DGB390SNP-D is an impressive outdoor model. Its compact design and adjustable side table are perfect for terraces. This is a three-burner grill that can provide more than 36,000 BTU of heat.
It has three main functions to enhance your dining experience, including:
Cast iron cooking grate-protected by enamel, the grate retains moisture in the meat by grabbing the edges.
Steel tent: This allows you to smoke food and maintain heat.
Double-wall stainless steel cover: Protect food by ensuring constant temperature and smoking. The double-wall ensures that no heat escapes.
Overall, this Dyna-Glo grill has excellent power and heat distribution, reaching 700 °F in less than 10 minutes. Some parts of the grill are usually hotter than others. However, it is very suitable for outdoor cooking. Therefore, it is a good choice for those who are interested in gas terrace barbecues.
1. Quickstart electric pulse ignition.
2. 507 square inches of cooking space.
3. Low consumption.
4. Detailed operation instructions.
5. Includes front door lock.
1. Exhaust pipe wears quickly.
2. The tent needs to be replaced every six months.
- 3 burners; 12,000 BTU each
- Primary cooking area is 390 square inches
- Secondary cooking area is 117 square inches
- TOTAL cooking area is 507 square inches
- Protect your grill with a custom fit Dyna-Glo premium cover, Model # DG300C (sold separately)
Blackstone Station Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle:
Our fifth choice, the Blackstone Station Outdoor Gas Grill, is a classic gas grill with a durable structure. Blackstone is an outdoor kitchen equipment brand dedicated to spreading excellence in cooking.
Like the 28-inch model, the Blackstone Station Outdoor Gas Grill has a removable grill pan (approximately 36 inches). With four independent burners, the frying pan is multifunctional.
It has different cooking settings, so you can cook everything from breakfast dishes to stir-fries to grilled meats. However, due to its cast-iron structure and convection heating, it is more suitable for grilling.
In addition, you don’t have to worry about being in a disadvantaged position. Blackstone 36-inch bakeware uses industrial wheels. Therefore, you will hardly feel resistance when moving. You can then use the quick-lock function to secure the grill in place. If you are new to grills, don’t worry. Blackstone helps its customers by providing various videos and tutorials to show you how to use and maintain irons properly. You can easily access these tutorials on your YouTube channel. All in all, this is a bulky, easy-to-use device, perfect for cooking most of the time.
1. Heavy-duty powder-coated grill.
2. Temperature regulator increases safety.
3. Non-stick lid.
4. Height adjustable.
5. Easy to load.
1. Oil trap is severely damaged.
2. Customer service is slow.
- INNOVATIVE REAR GREASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM: If you plan on cooking bacon or any other juicy meat, cleaning up can be tedious. Luckily, our propane griddle features a patented rear grease trap that collects all the mess and makes after-cooking clean-up a breeze.
- Replace your standard grill - replace your grill or BBQ with a Blackstone griddle and never look back -This grill is simple to use and easy to assemble, so you'll be cooking in no time- Eliminate the hassle of kerosene, charcoal and matches; this grill includes an easy start, Battery powered push button ignition- With the simple push of a button your griddle is ready to go- Take the headache away from outdoor cooking and spend more time enjoying the outdoors.
- Restaurant style cooking - with 720sq inches of flat top grilling, This griddle is perfect for breakfast; lunch and dinner- Cook eggs; pancakes; Quesadillas; grilled cheese; steak, Potatoes; Teppanyaki style foods and more- Also enjoy a bottom shelf and two side shelves for food storage and prep.
- Controllable heat zones - four independently controlled 15, 000 BTU stainless Steel burners make a total of 60, 000 BTUs controlled low to high for versatile cooking options-Propane fueled by a standard 20lb tank with an accommodating tank storage tucked nicely under the left side shelf.
- Durability and longevity - this Blackstone grill is built to last with a powder coated Black steel frame, stainless steel burners and thick cold rolled steel cooktop- Super simple to clean; making post-meal cleanup a breeze.
Buying guide for Best grills under $500 Consumer Reports:
The gas grill market is extremely saturated. There are hundreds of brands that manufacture high-quality gas grills. In addition, each of your favorite brands can make so many models that it is difficult to find the best. This buying guide will give you an idea of what to look for in a gas grill under $500.
Purchasing a grill is an important decision because it is not just a kitchen tool, but also an appliance that will leave you with good memories. Pay attention to every detail, otherwise, you will end up grilling food that might change your perception of grilling. Here are some factors to consider when buying a barbecue grill for your home or outdoor barbecue adventure.
Build size and quality:
Most of the time, the area of the two-burner grill is between 400 and 500 square inches, which can cook for a family of about 7-8 people. Before using a gas grill, you need to understand this factor.
Make sure that the size of the cooking surface suits your needs. There is no point in buying a grill with a large cooking surface. Also, make sure that the entire grill is compact to fit in a small space. In order to achieve this quality, please pay attention to the material of your grill. Choose stainless steel parts that can withstand all weather conditions. Buying a trolley-style gas grill is always a win-win situation because it makes it easier to move.
Some features to consider:
You should also consider some additional features of the gas grill, which will pave the way for your overall comfort. look for a grill with a thermometer, you can use it to check the internal temperature. Knowing the internal temperature allows you to control the temperature as you wish, resulting in a perfect and even meal.
Also, look for grills with side and movable racks, and heating racks. Side shelves provide storage space for items, and detachable shelves are easy to clean. As for the heating rack, you can prepare a hot plate at any time. Finally, you can also see the grill that comes with the automatic ignition device. Save you trouble and a lot of time.
Heat production (BTU)
Different gas grills have different BTUs, which determine the total heat output of the gas grills. Since certain foods must be cooked at high temperatures, you should look for a grill with a high-temperature range. The high-temperature grill offers a variety of grill options. Some gas grills have infrared burners, which are best for producing burn marks. Therefore, you should look for a grill that has it all.
The shelf life of the product should not be affected. This is important because you don’t want your money to be wasted after using the product for a while. Be sure to look for a well-made gas grill and use high-quality materials in its structure. Test the legs on the gas grill before buying. They should not shake, and the entire grate should be able to withstand these factors.
FAQs what you need to know about grills:
1. Are gas grills better than charcoal or pellet grills?
Most people prefer gas grills because they are convenient and clean. Natural gas or propane gas burns cleanly and requires less cleaning. On the other hand, with charcoal or pellet grills, you have to clean a lot. In addition, gas grills are affordable and may have separate smoking areas.
2. For gas grills, which is better, liquid propane or natural gas?
Each of these two fuels has advantages and disadvantages. Propane is in compressed liquid form and can be filled into storage tanks. You can put the Erl on the grill or take it out near the grill for easier movement. On the other hand, natural gas burns cleanly and costs less than propane. However, the natural gas grill must be connected to a natural gas source in one place.
3. Are gas grills dangerous?
If the manufacturing cost is low, some gas grills can be dangerous. Before buying a gas grill, you need to do the right homework. Sometimes the grill structure is not durable enough, which can cause it to collapse. Since liquid propane and natural gas are highly flammable, there is always a risk of burns. Therefore, before using a gas grill, you should always check for leaks.
4. What are the safety precautions when using a gas grill?
According to the NFPA report, cracks or leaks are usually the main cause of fires related to gas grills.
1. Check the bottle hose for leaks before the first use each year.
2. Apply soft water or soap solution to the tube, this will release bubbles and allow the gas to escape.
3. If you suspect or feel a gas leak, turn off the grill and gas tank. If the leak stops before using it again, please call a professional for service. However, if the leak has not stopped, please contact the fire department.
4. Never turn on the gas with the lid closed, because the gas may accumulate inside and spray out when ignited, which may cause burns or injuries.
Now that you have read the entire article, you should have identified the grill that you think best suits your interests. If you’re still unsure, it’s a good idea to list the features you want to see on the grill and compare them to the top five grills of 500 consumer reports. Pay attention to certain characteristics, such as fuel type, cooking space, materials used, cleaning, and maintenance, because these characteristics will determine whether your time on the grill is successful or disastrous. In general, we think that Weber grill spirit II meets the price standard.