In ancient times, people used an ax or handsaw to cut down the limbs and trees; this process was very time-consuming and tough for even two to three people. There was no efficiency, perfection, and cleanliness in chopping woods and cutting the limbs and trees with those old tools.
Later on, More advanced Chainsaws came into the battle and proved to be the best helper for the chopping and cutting process.
Yes, we are talking about the gas chainsaws and Battery Powered Chainsaws that provide comfort and ease to clear brush, cut the trees, and chop woods properly. But our target is the battery-powered chainsaw because this is tool is going on number 1 in this era.
We have Some Best Battery Powered Chainsaws to discuss with you to find a perfect tool.
Our Top 7 Picks From Best Battery Powered Chainsaws Consumer Reports
- Makita Cordless Chainsaw
- Sun Joe Cordless Handheld Chainsaw
- WORX WG384 40V Chainsaw
- Green Pro 80v Cordless Chainsaw
- Black+Decker 20v Cordless Chainsaw
- DEWALT 20V MAX XR Chainsaw
- Milwaukee Electric Chainsaw Kit
#1 Makita Cordless Chainsaw
Makita Cordless Chainsaw is designed with a dual battery which doubles its max power and runtime, making it more efficient. As compared to a standard motor, it features a brushless motor that allows its batteries to deliver more energy to the saw, making it an equal competitor against gas chainsaws.
This battery-powered chainsaw is very easy to handle because of its 11 pounds lightweight. It includes a 14-inch bar that makes it a perfect chainsaw for cutting down the trees, having a diameter of 12 inches.
Includes an auto-turn-off the system when not in use for a long time and an auto-lock function to prevent the accidental start.
- Designed along with a solid back handle for user ease.
- The Brushless motor direct-drive function provides high power efficiency as compared to the 32cc gas chainsaw.
- Variable speed trigger (0-3, 940 FPM) For convenient operation
- An Auto-power-off extends battery life by turning off the saw when idle for too long.
- Built-in lock-off lever to prevent the blade from the accidental start.
#2 Sun Joe Cordless Handheld Chainsaw
Sun Joe Cordless Handheld Chainsaw is a high-capacity tool for smooth tree-trimming. Featuring rechargeable 100-Volt lithium-ion batteries for an energy-efficient performance that does not emit carbon dioxide keeps the air clean. Sun Joe ion100V has all of the power and performance as compared to a gas chainsaw.
It features a premium 18 inches bar and 1500 watts power motor that make cutting trees, limbs, and bushes very easily and cleanly. Comes with a built-in lock function for the prevention of accidental starts.
- A powerful 1500 watt motor helps to make light work a load of logs.
- A Premium 18-inch bar can cut limbs, trees, and branches having widths up to 17.5 inches.
- Safety function to prevent accidental engaging and a protective hand brake for kickback control.
- Onboard auto-oiler keeps the bar and chain fully lubricated with oil for non-stop cutting.
#3 WORX WG384 40V Chainsaw
WORX WG384 40V Power Share Cordless 14-inch Chainsaw is designed for long-lasting power and performance. Its automated chain tensioning makes cutting trees and limbs more efficient and faster. This chainsaw includes a quick chain brake to prevent accidental cutting.
It features a battery level indicator so that it is always easy for you to get informed about battery level while working. You can twice your cutting power with its two 20v batteries, and its auto-oiler system keeps all parts lubricated to work faster.
- For two 20v batteries, we have given you a strong charger with a dual port.
- The tool-free chain-tensioning and lubricating systems make this chainsaw better than the other chainsaws.
- Extend the life of the tool with AUTOMATED CHAIN LUBRICATION.
- Quick Stop Chain Brake prevents accidental engaging.
#4 Green Pro 80v Cordless Chainsaw
The Green Pro Cordless Chainsaw comes with a huge 80v battery having 2 hours working time and a brushless motor, good enough to compete with a powerful gas chainsaw. This durable chainsaw can cut up to 150 trees before the next charge. Its 18-inch bar makes it cut down the trees, having a diameter up to 16 inches.
When the battery charge is going to finish, plug it in to charge, and you need to wait for 30 minutes for it to be fully charged. Features an electronic brake for safety and has 11 pounds, lightweight, making it easy to handle and use.
- Includes 2Ah Battery to make up to 150 cuts.
- Reliable Brush Motor to give competitive results against powerful gas chainsaw.
- Fast Charging Capacity, Full Charge In Just 30 Minutes.
- Steel Bucking Spikes For Preventing Kickback, Electronic Safety Brake.
#5 BLACK+DECKER 20V CHAINSAW
Black+Decker 20v Max Cordless Chainsaw is a light-duty tool at an affordable price. It’s a perfect tool for beginners who are not familiar with chainsaws. It has a 10-inch small blade, and it weighs just 7 pounds, easy to handle and use safely.
This Chainsaw has the capability to cut trees and branches up to 8 inches in diameter. It features a tool-free tension system for faster adjustments and an auto-oiler system.
- 10-inch blade with minimum chances of kickback.
- Tool-Free Blade Tension Adjuster.
- Automatic Oiling System To Lubricate The Bar And Chain.
- 20V lithium-ion battery system guarantees most runtime in a single charge.
#6 DEWALT 20V MAX XR Chainsaw
The Dewalt 20V Max XR chainsaw is designed to handle light-duty work, like chopping up small trees after a storm or cutting overgrown branches of a tree. This chainsaw is large enough to cut trees up to 10 inches in diameter. It weighs less than 9 pounds, is also small in size to handle and use easily.
It includes the brushless motor and a powerful 20V battery that helps the chainsaw making up to 90 cuts on a single charge. It also features an auto-oil function and tool-free chain tension adjuster for rapid adjustments and lubrication.
- A high-efficiency brushless motor ensures maximum runtime and motor life.
- The cordless chainsaw comes with a less likely kick-back 12-inch bar and chain for easy and safe cutting.
- Small size and lightweight for maximum user control.
- 20V Max 5AH Powerfull battery can make up to 90 cuts before the next charge.
- Auto- oiling Feature and automated tool-free chain tension adjuster.
#7 Milwaukee Electric Chainsaw Kit
Milwaukee Electric Tools 2727-21HD is a heavy-duty chainsaw, especially intended for professional use. This chainsaw features an M18 red lithium high output battery capable of giving 50% more energy and ensures 50% more coolant operation.
After one full charge, you can use this chainsaw to make up to 150 cuts, and it does its work on tough cuts too. Its large 16 inches blade has the ability to cut down the trees, having a diameter of 14 inches. This is the heaviest battery-powered chainsaw that weighs up to 14 pounds.
- M18 Red Lithium High Output Battery Promising To Provide 50% More Power.
- Can Make Up To 150 Cuts Per Charge.
- 16-Inch Large Blade Capable Of Cutting Down The Trees In 14 Inches Diameter.
- Weighs Up To 14 Pounds, Making Heaviest Battery Powered Chainsaw.
How To Buy A Best Battery Powered Chainsaw?
Whenever You need to consider a Chainsaw for your cutting operations, Battery, Power, Variable Speeds, Oiling System, Guide Bar Length, Handles, and further factors are really needed to be noticed.
Let’s Discuss One By One:
Lithium-ion batteries are used as the power source in battery-powered chainsaws. Lithium batteries are known for providing more power and taking less time in charge. Chainsaws use a variant number of batteries; 18v, 20v, 30v, 40, and 80v batteries.
The runtimes are different in each chainsaw according to the usage duration and chainsaw size. Check battery timing to get proper satisfaction about the chainsaw you are going to buy.
A Chainsaw having a Brushless motor is more efficient than a chainsaw having a DC motor because brushless motors have 85-90% efficiency, and brushed DC motors have 70-80% efficiency.
cordless chainsaws have only a single-speed functioning. While the battery-powered chainsaws feature a pressure-sensitive trigger that permits you to optimize the chain’s speed for various cutting styles.
If the chain is well lubricated, then you get the more efficient performance of your chainsaw. These Chainsaws feature a reservoir for lubricant oil storage. Choose a chainsaw with an auto-oiler system to automatically lubricate your tool, preventing the chainsaw from getting stuck in the wood.
Guide Bar Length
The Battery Powered Chainsaw has a bar that guides the chain and examines its capacity. If you want to cut some huge trees, you need a Bar length of more than 16-inch to cover the trees’ full diameter.
Handles also matter a lot. Normally, chainsaws come with two handles, one in the back that has the trigger, and another handle is just against your guide hand. Handles come with rubber grips that help us to hold and use the chainsaw easily and safely.
Size and Weight
The Chainsaws come in different sizes and weights. The battery-powered chainsaws and gas chainsaws are equal in size, but battery-powered chainsaws are slightly heavier than gas chainsaws.
We have given you the 7 top options of Besty Battery Powered Chainsaws, making it easy for you to choose a suitable chainsaw for your work.
From our list, If you have to deal with large trees and small branches, we recommend you to consider Makita Cordless Chainsaw that fulfills your all wood cutting desires.