Periodic maintenance and care must necessarily be dedicated to the paved paths of the outdoor home: the work is extremely useful, to ensure that the road surface always remains intact, thus avoiding any risks to people or things.
An asphalt driveway needs continuous maintenance, because its surface can be altered and, in the worst case, deep cracks or splits can be created. The most common causes of its deterioration are attributable to the pressure exerted by the vehicles themselves, as well as to climatic changes, bad weather, and settling of the earth’s surface.
Various specific products are available on the market, specially designed to carry out correct and periodic maintenance of the asphalted surfaces of public and residential avenues. Here we have picked the best asphalt sealers to make your work simpler and easier.
TOP 10 Best Asphalt Driveway Sealer Reviews
- Aquaphalt 6.0 Permanent Asphalt Repair
- GoldStar Asphalt Sealer
- Asphalt Patch & Pothole Filler
- Henry Driveway Asphalt Pothole Patch
- Henry HE420042 Blacktop Driveway Crack Patch
Aquaphalt 6.0 is a permanent asphalt repair solution for potholes, driveways, and roads. This product is from Aquaphalt Company and it is ranked number 1 by Consumer Reports. Aquaphalt Company is well known for its high-performance, cold mix repair materials for asphalt and concrete.
This product is a revolutionary solution for pothole repair, pavement repair, walkways, tennis courts, utility cuts, and driveway repairs. It is eco-friendly and works well even in cold and wet environments.
This product comes in a 3.5-gallon size bucket and it can cover an approximate area of 5-square feet with a 1-inch thick layer. It works completely with water and dries out quickly. Once Aquaphalt asphalt repair is set up, it is not going anywhere for a long period of time.
- Permanent repair solution
- An excellent choice for price-conscious people
- Super simple and easy to use material
- Sets up quickly and immediately opens up for traffic
- Some customers want ½ and ¼ size baskets, which are not available.
- Ranked #1 by Consumer Reports
- Permanent asphalt repair, backed by a 3-year warranty
- Environmentally friendly, no VOC's
- Sets up with water
- Open to traffic immediatley
GoldStar offers clean and well-maintained equipment and materials to its consumers. Its Asphalt sealer is the highest quality product for quick asphalt maintenance. This product offers you a solution to enhancing the integrity of asphalt driveways by sealing cracks.
GoldStar Asphalt Sealer is the perfect product for owners looking to reduce their budget for asphalt maintenance. They can perform basic asphalt maintenance work by themselves as it is easy to use and quickly fills thousands of square feet of cracks in a matter of an hour.
This product is available in a 5-gallon bucket and covers roughly 200-250 sq. ft. area. This asphalt sealer is excellent for schools and other blacktop surfaces. To make the blacktop new, just pour and spread the material. It’s that simple.
- Quick and easy to use
- Works well in all climates
- Excellent for blacktop surfaces
- It covers a large area
- Sometimes the material got sticky.
- Quick and Easy to use! Just pour and spread. Make Blacktop look New!
- Perfect for Quick Asphalt Maintenance.
- Performs in all Climates.
- Great for Schools and other Blacktop Surfaces.
- Covers roughly 200-250 sq. ft.
Asphalt Patch & Pothole Filler is the all-in-one solution for pothole filler that takes the pain out of patching asphalt. It takes no special preparation and anyone can use it even if they do not have any prior experience.
This patch filler boasts a fast-drying and flexible mixture of quartz, limestone, a petroleum solvent, and a petroleum asphalt base. Traffic is ready to drive safely within one hour of application. It is the perfect patch filler for home driveways, playgrounds, and parking lots.
Asphalt Patch can be used to fill any cracks in brick, stone, or concrete. It is used in any weather conditions with a temperature above 15 degrees F. It’s a long-lasting solution with a money-back guarantee. Also, you can store this asphalt filler for an indefinite period of time with no risk of hardening the material.
- Works great for blacktop patch
- A sustainable solution for deep cracks
- Quick-drying with no mess
- Some customers find it a little overpriced.
- FIX POTHOLES FAST. This all-in-one pothole filler takes the pain out of patching asphalt. Holds up against years of motor traffic for a long-lasting solution, or your money back.
- NO PREP NEEDED. No need for primer, mixer, or special preparation. Can be applied in any weather condition. With this driveway patch, you can fill a pothole yourself—no prior experience needed.
- TRAFFIC READY IN AN HOUR. Safely drive on Asphalt Patch within one hour of application. Boasts a flexible and fast-drying mixture of limestone, quartz, a petroleum solvent, and a petroleum asphalt base.
- MORE THAN FOR JUST ASPHALT. Don’t stop at roadway cracks. Use Asphalt Patch to fill cracks in concrete, stone, and brick. Perfect for parking lots, playgrounds, and home driveways.
- STRONG IN MANY WAYS. ASPHALT PATCH works at any temperature above 15 degrees Fahrenheit. The product can be stored indefinitely with no risk of hardening or decay in storage.
Henry Company offers this ready-to-use crack filler for driveways. You can use this product as a do-it-yourself to fill potholes and cracks in the asphalt surface. Do not need any special tools or expertise to use it.
This asphalt patch filler can cover an area of approximately 4 sq. ft. with a 1-inch thick layer. It is fairly easy to work with this material at room temperature. It takes a little longer to completely harden, as compared to other products we have mentioned.
For small potholes and cracks, it works like a charm. You will find it a really easy DIY product and you do not have to rely on paving companies for small touch-ups. You will get more than expected with this product as there are many positive reviews and feedback from consumers for this asphalt patch.
- DIY asphalt filler
- Easy to use and long-lasting results
- Compacts and holds its shape
- Take a little longer to get harden
- Blacktop Repair, Water, 11 lb, Black, Flat
Another excellent product from Henry Company for filling blacktop driveway cracks. It comes in a fairly small bucket size of 1-gallon and color in black with asphalt odor. It is the best option for small cracks and holes.
It works well in all weather conditions, especially on a warm or hot day. It is recommended that mix it well with a paint mixer before filling the cracks, it may have some chunks that stay solid after mixing with hand. Use a putty spreader to pull out of the bucket and spread it around the cracks.
It fills cracks in the driveway and does not leave any gaps when it dries up and the color stays black. It is a great product for filling 1/8” or wider cracks. You can use a trowel for applying and to smooth out. Overall it is an exceptional product. You can try it out for the cracks in your driveways.
- Small bucket size
- Solid material stays hard for a long-time
- People find it difficult to mix it before applying.
EnduraSeal Acrylic”Wet Look” Semi-Gloss Sealer is a 100% acrylic solvent-based sealer that helps blocks out cracks and repairs minor damages. It seals subsurface flaws by penetrating deep into cracks, and voids in an asphalt surface. The high-gloss finish it leaves creates a super-slick surface that reduces tire drag and brake dust. This sealer is easy to apply but must be used in temperatures of 65 degrees Fahrenheit or higher for best results.
EnduraSeal ACRYLIC SEALER provides protection against UV rays and will not harm concrete surfaces, driveways, walls, or other porous architectural surfaces. Also, you’ll find this sealer cleans up easily with soap and water when you have finished applying it to your asphalt driveway. It does deliver the high gloss shine of motor oil on asphalt which looks great from the street-view so if you are looking for more glow at night — EnduraSeal Acrylic ”
- Damage sealer
- Easily washable
- Promising. Results
- Bad weather affects the results.
- Semi Gloss "Wet Look" Over Many Substrates
- High Performance Interior & Exterior Water Based Pure Non Yellowing 100% Acrylic
- Fast Drying - Very Low Odor - Nice Alternative To Solvent Sealers
- Better Performance Than Most Solvent Based Sealers On The Market
- Resists Hot Tire Pick-Up & Gasoline
If you love the look and feel of asphalt, but want a more versatile material with an improved surface that is easier to maintain, then this Concrete Sealer for Driveways from ToughCrete is right for your job site.
For residential surfaces, tough acrylic compounds have replaced asphalt products due to their superior performance. ToughCrete is a water-based formula that hardens overnight and provides long-lasting protection for your concrete, driveways, or other surfaces used as asphalt substitutes. ToughCrete has been successfully applied on driveways, garage floors, sidewalks, patios, paver, and other concrete surfaces. Fewer applications of sealer are required with each application than was traditionally needed with asphalt sealers. When finished you will find this product easy to maintain — no waxing necessary!
ToughCrete Concrete Sealer – 1 Gallon (Covers 600SqFt) features:
• A 100% acrylic waterbased formula
• Provides a tough long-lasting finish over concrete, driveways, and other surfaces used as asphalt substitutes
• Can be applied on dry or damp concrete
• Easy to apply – just brush it on – minimizes messes by avoiding overspray!
Today’s concrete sealers are complex materials designed to serve many functions. Concrete sealers are designed to:
• Minimize surface oxidation
• Protect the surface from chemical attack and abrasion
- Simple Process
- Perfect Sealer
- Quick Results
- Sealing part needs more time to dry
- INDUSTRIAL GRADE CONCRETE SEALER- NOW AVAILABLE TO HOMEOWNERS! ToughCrete is a SAFE & Eco-friendly siloxane, penetrating sealer approved by the Department of Transportation. ToughCrete concrete sealer is the top siloxane penetrating sealer for protecting your driveway, sidewalk, garage floor, patio, or any other concrete surface.
- DON’T FALL VICTIM TO RESEALING YOUR CONCRETE EVERY FEW YEARS - DON’T BUY WATERED DOWN, “READY TO USE” PRODUCTS. ToughCrete is a high-solids, water based microemulsion designed for years of protection from things like deterioration, spalling, water, and salt damage making it the best penetrating sealer.
- PRESERVE YOUR PROPERTY AND INVESTMENTS. Protecting your concrete driveway, sidewalks, patio, garage floor with ToughCrete extends their useful life and will help to improve the value of your home! Also works great as paver, block, cinder block, CMU, brick, chimney, and outdoor fireplace sealers.
- DEEP PENETRATING MICROEMULSION AND OUR TOUGHCRETE PROMISE! We know it works and we’re giving you 10 years to try it out. If you don’t like it, just let us know and we will provide a full refund.
It is specially designed for rainy and humid areas to protect against mold and mildew. It is a water-based solution that contains inhibitors, fungus, and any mold.
The solution is water-resistant, providing good support to concrete, and preventing spalling, any damage by salts. In addition, its water-resistant formula works best against freeze-thaw.
Aqua-X 11, the best concrete driveway sealer, requires a single coat on driveways or porous and wet floors; two coats are sufficient.
Its appearance is natural can be also be applied at places other than the driveway, like a garage, cement tiles, on concrete block walls to provide durability.
The best thing about this is it is non-volatile, which means no harmful hydrocarbons or pungent odor; no additional equipment is needed to apply this. Instead, you can use gravel to mix it and then apply it using a put spreader, saving your money on labor and making repair easy.
This concrete driveway sealer has the best dry time; it takes only an hour to dry for pedestrians and 2 hours for cars, which is impressive in other asphalt sealer comparisons, which takes a day or two days to dry.
Its prices sound expensive to few customers; this driveway sealer has worth spending on; it’s one gallon sufficient for 100-400 square feet on concretes and 800 square feet on stones which is way too much, making it the best driveway sealer. Moreover, it protects for 2-4 years depending upon environmental conditions, providing your long-term benefit.
Do Try it inside or out of the house to keep your home safe and beautiful and make cleaning easy.
- COLD WEATHER WARNING: Do not apply if temperature is expected to be below 50° for 48 hours following application. Keep a clean, NATURAL APPEARANCE and improve the DURABILITY of your concrete driveway, patio pavers, unglazed cement tiles, concrete block retaining wall, cast concrete, natural stone, or your unpolished garage floor.
- Water-based, water-repellent sealer protects against stains, concrete spalling, freeze thaw, pitting, and salt damage after sealing with AQUA-X 11 Concrete and Stone Sealer. Makes regular clean-up and maintenance a breeze.
- Breathe easy when applying AQUA-X 11 Concrete Sealer due to NO HARSH ODOR and LOW VOCs as so many reviews have noted. No need for masks or extra ventilation when using indoors.
- Your money goes farther with AQUA-X 11 Concrete and Stone Sealer: 100-400 square feet per gallon on Concrete surfaces and up to 800 square feet per gallon on Stone surfaces. Plus 2-4 years before resealing (depending on your environment).
- Easy 1-coat spray-on application using our included Quick Start Guide and available How To videos. Fast dry times: Wait 2 hours for vehicle traffic, wait 1 hour for foot traffic. (High humidity and low temperatures increase dry times. Extremely porous surfaces may require more coats.)
- Fast dry time
- Up to 4 years of protection
- Little expensive
- No shiny wet look
Armour Siloxane asphalt sealer is the best driveway sealer among all concrete sealers. It is a water-based mixture specially designed to use in damp places to protect the driveway for 7-10 years. If your environment has extreme weather and rain, recoat after every 3-5 years to protect your driveway from any damage.
The sealer makes a strong chemical bond with driveway concrete and protects it from cracking and deformation. Its two-layer coating is sufficient to deal with extreme temperatures. This best asphalt sealer can be used on concrete block walls and pavements other than the driveway.
The best thing about this best asphalt driveway sealer is its water-resistant capability; no matter how hard it rains, it just doesn’t absorb any water and prevent freeze-thaw. This proves very useful while applying it on cement tiles, it increases their longevity, and you’ll never experience any breakage or crack in them.
It is made up of non-recycled resin with primer; it has both a glossy and water-wet look, enhancing the driveway’s appearance.
SX5000, the best asphalt driveway sealer, is a little expensive than its competitors only comes in 5-gallon packaging, which sometimes gets problematic for those who want to cover a small hole.
- Can handle extreme temperature
- Lasts long
- The small container is not available
E-Z Stir Driveway Asphalt Filler is the best blacktop sealer; it is designed to do two jobs simultaneously; one is to fill cracks, and the other is to give protection to the driveway.
It is effortless to use, take the product, stir it and then apply it at desire place by using brush or spray, no need of any professional assistance; thus saving money on labor.’
It gives a glossy look after drying, giving your driveway a classy touch; this best asphalt sealer is capable of filling cracks of 1/8 inches deep. Moreover, its rubberized feature increases the longevity of the driveway by four times.
E-Z Stir, the best blacktop sealer, is budget-friendly; its 5-gallon sealer can be used on 250-500 square meters. But it takes at least 24 hours to dry up, and it is suggested to use cars on it after 48 hours which is quite a long time, and it isn’t easy to take care of the newly sealed driveway.
If your driveway is damaged because of extreme weather conditions and frequent usage, you want a cheap and convenient solution. Try E-Z Stir Driveway Asphalt Filler. It is the best blacktop sealer and won’t disappoint you.
- 2-in-1 Usage (Can be used for both filling and ceiling)
- Easy to use
- Take longer to dry up
- It cannot be used indoors
- For use as a filler and sealer coat for blacktop pavements
- Reinforced for improved traction and durability
- 4x rubberized for longer life
- Easy to stir and apply
- Covers 250-500 sq. ft. per 5 gallon pail, depending on surface texture
Damtite 04072 Concrete Super Patch Repair, 7 lb. Pail
Concrete is the most popular building material in the world. It’s used to build everything from buildings and bridges to sidewalks and driveways. But concrete can crack, chip, or crumble over time. That’s where Damtite comes in!
We’re a family-owned company that specializes in repairing concrete surfaces with our patented SuperPatch formula. Our product has been trusted by contractors for decades because it’s easy to use and provides long-lasting results. We have two types of patches available – one for large cracks up to 3 inches (7 cm) wide, and another for small cracks less than 1/4 inch (0.6 cm). And we offer free samples so you can try before you buy!
With Damtite SuperPatch, your cracked or crumbling concrete will be repaired quickly without any mess or fuss! You’ll get a professional looking repair that lasts at least 10 years guaranteed with no need for re-application every year like other products on the market today. Plus, when you order today we’ll send you a free sample pack so you can see how well this product works before committing to anything else!
- Reduces the need for expensive building repairs
- Long-lasting, high performance formula for various surfaces
- Waterproof and moisture resistant to prevent future damage
- Will not shrink or crack, even on floors that are exposed to extreme cold
- It takes longer to dry
- High strength, permanent, waterproof finish
- Resurfaces Concrete sidewalks, Driveways & walls
- Repairs cracks & holes in Concrete, masonry, brick & stone
- 7 lb
Always get slip-resist Asphalt,
There is a large variety of Asphalt available in the market, Some give water glossy look surface, and some give a natural appearance; get the one you like but always check if it is slippery. Avoid getting slippery, especially if you live in a rainy area; this can make cars slip and accidents.
For this complete read description of chemicals used in it, if the product has volatile compounds and gives a shiny appearance, then the best asphalt driveway sealer can cause a slip.; the more shiner the surface, the more slippery be the surface of the presence resin.
To overcome this slip issue, add grit and sand in the mixture; the surface looks a little rough but provides you safety.
And if you are someone who prefers the natural appearance of the driveway, then get some product with waterproof variety. This Asphalt is best for driveway protection, especially in rainy areas, where freeze-thaw is the most common problem.
Sweet tip: Always apply on a small patch first to check whether it’s according to your needs, and then go for the whole driveway.
After applying the driveway sealer, the traffic needs to be entirely off till the sealer dries; this is known as curing time. And during this time, if someone walks on it or a car passes, it will destroy the sealing protection.
Mostly conventional driveway sealers take two days to dry, but some products are available on the market that can cure in the same day or few hours. Unfortunately, those are a little expensive.
Check for your needs and convenience, how much time you can keep traffic away, and then get the one that suits the conditions the most.
best driveway sealer stays for few years depending on weather and use; no matter how good much good quality and expensive driveway sealer has applied, it needs recoating after some time that is different for every best driveway sealer
If you have applied high-quality best asphalt sealer, then 3-7 years can quickly be passed depending upon weather conditions and use; some concrete driveway sealers also claim ten years of sealer life.
And try to get a good quality product, it doesn’t matter if it is a little expensive, it will be sufficient for you for several years; otherwise, you have to repeat the process after every six months or year.
Variety in Asphalt sealers
There are many Asphalt sealers available in the market that gives different looks. Some are given a high-glossy look, some semi-gloss or no-gloss, satin, matte, and so also present in the market to cater to every customer’s desire.
A shining scale is present in the product label or description, ranging from (1-100), which tells us how much an Asphalt sealer is shiny.
If the product description shows one on a shining scale, it means the product gives matt appearance; for 50 on a shine scale product is semi-gloss, and for 100 on a shining scale, the product is highly glossy.
Nowadays, the trend of shiny driveways is fading. More customers are looking for some matte and dark look to get some natural feels, safety, convenience, as they dry fast, are non-slippery and water-resistant.
When to fill cracks in an asphalt driveway?
Closing the cracks makes the driveway more beautiful in appearance and easier to clean. Even if the work should be suitably carried out in the summer, the most suitable time for the best restorations is as soon as you notice the need, carefully choosing the most suitable material.
If there are large cracks, the restorations must be carried out in the most favorable period from the meteorological point of view. In fact, if asphalt is to be applied, the driveway should be dried by the sun on spring days or by the heat of the summer months.
How to remove old asphalt from the driveway?
The first operation consists of eliminating the weeds. Then proceed to remove the old asphalt: it is necessary to remove the material detached from the holes or cracks on which we worked. To do this, you can use a wire brush or water or compressed air pump.
During these operations, particular care must be taken, protecting the eyes and other parts of the body in contact with the material.
How to grout the cracks in the asphalt of the driveway?
To fill the existing cracks on the asphalt you can easily use them in DIY mode, mastic for cracks, product ready for use, and available in cartridges or in bottles.
You apply pressure with the handle of the gun so that you can spread the sealing product through each crack. The surface must be smoothed with a suitable tool, to ensure that the mastic does not come out from inside the cracks.
How to repair potholes on the asphalt surface?
To close the holes and large cracks, spread the covering with a spatula, using a scraper to level the patches. With a chisel and a hammer, you drill under the edges so that the hole is wider in-depth than it is at the surface of the driveway. A cold bituminous conglomerate can be used for filling, practically similar to asphalt.
Then, we proceed to settle the material: we arrange the product in the best way with a pestle or with the tip of an iron board, adding more until the hole has been filled enough. A plywood board is then placed on the patch and passed over it with the wheels of the car or with a steam roller, to better settle everything.
How to spread a new insulating layer on the driveway?
A layer of insulation is applied for a perfect waterproofing finish of the driveway: The insulation must be mixed well before starting and once or twice during the work. After covering the nearby areas, the path is passed with water and, subsequently, with insulation, to be applied carefully until it is spread for about 70-80 cm.
To finish the driveway surface insulation operation, roll back the insulation again, applying pressure to remove excess. Two thin layers of insulation are better than a single thick layer. The first layer must be dried for about twelve hours, before applying the second water-repellent coat.
Thanks to these innovative products we have discussed, easy and intuitive to use, it is even possible a do-it-yourself approach, to carry out the necessary and periodic maintenance of asphalt paths, in the context of a private residence.
It is a question of really carrying out small low-cost and not at all invasive interventions, provided that there are no important structural constraints that require, instead, specialized or more demanding work.
For more complex housing problems, it is always advisable to have a careful preliminary design history, making use of professional advice.